Who will be the Back up QB ??/other qb's out there | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who will be the Back up QB ??/other qb's out there

finman006

4th qtr. clutch
Reaction score
other qb's out there

im sure aside from smith and griese there have to be other qb's if akili is our next choice u gotta be kiddin me. there have to be more out there 2 in nfl consisting of 32 teams?! jeff george umm... i just know there have to be more
screw griese he didnt do enough to deserve the kind of money hes asking for.

Who will be the Back up QB ??

According to what is going on with all Griese-Cindrich signing controversy, who would you prefer to get to be Fiedler's insurrance policy if he goes down ???
Is Sage ready ??? Or do we have to find our backup somewhere else on the market ??:confused:

Re: Who will be the Back up QB ??

Originally posted by FRED'83
According to what is going on with all Griese-Cindrich signing controversy, who would you prefer to get to be Fiedler's insurrance policy if he goes down ???
Is Sage ready ??? Or do we have to find our backup somewhere else on the market ??:confused:
they have mentioned O'Donnell as the fallback plan and WannSpiel have contacted the agent of Akili Smith. At this point it is slim pickin's but anyone is better than Blankenship and Sherriff other than Lucas. Yes, we need a vet. as insurance ag Sage not being ready and especially after Lucas destroyed our 2002 season.

Call Danny back. No wait...Maybe Chris Carter can talk him into coming back..:goof:

Originally posted by zachseau13
Neil O'Donnell is our next choice

and I'd rather see him on the roster over Akili...

If we by some chance cant get Griese or O'Donnell I guess I wouldn't mind signing Akili Smith with the understanding that Sage Rosenfels is our backup QB and Akili Smith is just there to learn the offense, learn the position from newly-made QB coach Norv Turner, and be there for a year or two to see if he still has what it takes to play in this league...much like Cade and Druck.

It still amazes me how easily fans fall in love with pedigree though. I mean, I remember people regarding Jim Druckenmiller back when he was here, as the real future of the team and the guy who could either be our franchise quarterback or a complete miss...it was a popular view. Then it was Cade McNown. They loved the "potential" of these guys. But in the end there was no potential in either of them. And now it could be (cross my fingers and hope I'm foolish for even considering it) Akili Smith here in Miami teal with fans talking about "coaching him up" and having him "learn from Norv" even though personally I believe these ideas to be about as foolish as the popular running theory 3 years ago that the "book had been written" on how to block Jason Taylor and that all a tackle had to do was "muscle him"

I know at one time the Eagles were trying to trade AJ Feely but at the time no teams seemed interested. What do you guys think about him??

Its a good point because I'm sure he's a possibility and one of the only QBs that might be available in trade however, my personal opinion is that AJ Feeley would be no better a choice than Ray Lucas was. Both were 3rd stringers that found themselves by strange circumstances starting for their team, had some success but still both very new to being a QB in the NFL. We took a gamble on Ray Lucas two years ago and it ended up costing us a championship run. I'm not sure how I would feel if the coaches traded for AJ Feeley and took the same gamble yet again hoping to come out on top this time. The chances of us having this much talent on the roster next year or the year after are slim.

Back
Top Bottom