• Simmons, Sam

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Henry, Leonard

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Who do you think will be the first draft pick cut ?

I say Lowe since it looks like Ray Green has the best chance at getting the fourth corner spot.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I say Lowe since it looks like Ray Green has the best chance at getting the fourth corner spot.
yup between that an Fletcher and Gamble, Wooden and McG on STs - his chance are slim.

True, however in my opinion the chances are more definite that Leonard Henry will be cut and signed to the practice squad, provided he doesn't light up the scene in preseason...

I mean nobody but the dolphins know how talented he is, and he was a 7th round pick. Nobody will be watching the waiver wire waiting for a 7th round pick that everyone just assumed let go undrafted altogether. And if he gets past the waiver wire, the player usually gives the team warning if a team approaches him ready to sign him to the active roster, so the team can activate him first if they want. Only in rare cases does that not happen like when Reuben Droughns didn't do that for us, but he had been coming from Detroit and had wanted to play for Detroit and we had only had him for a few weeks.

Thats what I hear...but could it be coincidence? More than once I've heard corresponding reports of Ray Green stealing a lot of interceptions, and Cade McNown throwing a lot of interceptions. From what I hear some of Cade's passes just seem plain gift-wrapped for a defender...

But it looks like Jamar's got the #3 CB spot locked up. Ray Green will go to waste.

I doubt if Green will "go to waste". In this pass happy NFL, 4 CB's on the field at the same time are very common. If he does indeed make the team, he will get plenty of action in the dime spot.

In a dime defense, the 4th "CB" a lot of the times is a safety, which means maybe Ray Green will be it, or Omare Lowe, or Trent Gamble. Gamble is the best at covering TEs in the dime D. Arturo Freeman was our 4th "dime" cornerback the last few years.

If any of the rookies are cut, it will be Omare Lowe. Hopefully, all of them prove that they are worth keeping.

I think McMichael will be the first cut. He hasn't looked good so far and I just have a bad feeling about him. If Mayes doesn't shape up, I think we are going to be in trouble at TE.

Back
Top Bottom