Who will be the quarterback in 2012 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who will be the quarterback in 2012

dolfin530

Student of the Game
Reaction score
I think acquiring a good quarterback is going to be limited. I believe it will come down to Matt Moore or Andrew luck. Is Chad Henne even anoption? The possible quarterbacks we could get in the draft, worth picking, are Andrew luck, Landry Jones, or RG3. I left out Matt Barkley because I think hewill return for his senior year. The biggest reason is that USC will be bowl eligible next year. And I found this video with Matt Barkley and Lane Kiffin. At the 15 second mark he talks about last year, Matt Barkley decided to play his senior year and would give Kiffin two more years with his quarterback.
[video=youtube;EF28PD6UEm0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF28PD6UEm0&feature=fvsr[/video]

If I had to choose between the three Andrew luck would bethe best. So there are a few scenarios that can take place in Miami. Let's say they Andrew luck goes number one, what would be our better option Landry Jones, Robert Griffin, or Matt Moore. What if the Colts take luck and will trade Peyton Manning. Do we make a trade that gives us Manning but allows us to keepour first round pick and pick Landry Jones or Robert Griffin? Obviously to keepour first-round pick we would have to make up for that with future picks. Or do we get Manning and look for his replacement in the 2013 draft. The Manning scenario is the least realistic one.

If we go with Matt Moore do we still pick Landry Jones or Robert Griffin to eventually replace him or replace Moore in the 2013 draft? In this case would it be better to use our first pick on a different position? Like I said I like Matt Moore better than these two options. If Andrew luck is taken do we just go ahead with Landry Jones or Robert Griffin and start them over Matt Moore.

With all this being said I think figuring out a way to acquire Andrew luck the best route. I am not high on Landry Jones or Robert Griffin. The ways to get Andrew luck is to trade up for him or hope he falls to us. I think we will have to trade up for him because I still see us winning a few more game. Eventually we will be behind a team in the draft that would take Andrew luck. So that is why we would have to trade for him. So the question is how much do we give up for Andrew luck. Jay Cutler was traded for two firsts and a third. I think this would be the type of trade needed to make it happen. I would say we would have to give up this year’s first and second round pick and next year's first and second round pick. Two things, would the Colts make this trade with us and would you guys mind if the Dolphins gave that up to get him.

I also think Barkley will be staying for a bunch of reasons even beyond the end of sanctions and opportunity to play in bowl games and for the national championship. Most of his family are USC grads, his twin siblings are freshmen he can play in front of, and as a ****y guy he wants to be the object of how the media is slurping over Luck and either fortify his conference records and/or set additional ones. Unless his game falls apart he won't be plummeting like Locker and Leinart as he appears to be the real deal. Nor will the money be much different. IMO, he's someone who relishes being BMOC.

Right now, Luck and he are 1A and 1B and the line between the 2 continues to get blurrier. Hell even Oliver Luck declares them to be comparable. Whether it's RG3, Jones or whoever's next in the pecking order, Luck and Barkley are closer to each other than either to the next one up.

Long way of saying I don't think he's coming out, but if he does and we have a direct shot to draft him or trade up to get him, I'd be just as thrilled snagging Barkley as I'd be with Luck.

Prediction: Matt Moore and Landry Jones...

Starter for 2012 season....my pick is Moore, followed by Henne and who ever we draft.

Starter for 2012 season....my pick is Moore, followed by Henne and who ever we draft.
i would say the chances of henne coming back are extremely slim, and prob none.

he is not under contract, and why would he want to come back here as a 3rd stringer, rather than try and get a starting job somewhere( unlikely) but he can be a 2nd stringer somewhere.

miami will not pay him again, hopefully not at least.

it will be moore and a rookie competing, who that rookie is,i have no clue now, will have a better idea after the draft order is finalized and when we see who is coming out for sure, such as barkley.

i would say the chances of henne coming back are extremely slim, and prob none.

he is not under contract, and why would he want to come back here as a 3rd stringer, rather than try and get a starting job somewhere( unlikely) but he can be a 2nd stringer somewhere.

miami will not pay him again, hopefully not at least.

it will be moore and a rookie competing, who that rookie is,i have no clue now, will have a better idea after the draft order is finalized and when we see who is coming out for sure, such as barkley.
Thanks for the update. I didn't realize his contract was up. I feel bad for him, but feel good for us then!!

RG3....he has the mobility and size of Cam Newton.....he has close to a 4.0 GPA at Baylor, smart kid, good work/school ethic, no character issues. Strong accurate arm. Very fast (invited to the Olympic trials as a hurdler), He would be my first choice with Barkley 2nd. Luck is a lock to go to Indy, and I would not trade up to get him as we have lots of other needs we need to take care of.

Probably some useless retread. However, I do think Barkley comes out this year. No sense in risking injury and a huge payday to stay in school another year.

Hard to make a straight up prediction. I guess I would predict Matt Barkley.

I think the idea of trading up for a quarterback would appeal to Steve Ross because it sends a strong message to the fans and everyone in the organization that you didn't just passively wait for the best guy left on the board, you got YOUR guy for the future, the face of your franchise. I believe that when the Draft comes there will be two guys considered to be for sure the face of a franchise, the kind of guy you keep for 10 or 15 years, etc. They will probably be Andrew Luck and Matt Barkley, rightly or wrongly. I think that while getting up for Luck is going to be difficult, not impossible but difficult, getting up for Barkley will be more accessible to the team and that's what they'll put a lot of effort into doing. Steve Ross is going to want to come out of this Draft saying he got one of those two consensus franchise guys. He got the Phil Rivers to Eli Manning, that sort of thing.

Back
Top Bottom