who will have more yards? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

who will have more yards?

Nappy Roots said:
at what point did i say Ronnie was god?

I never said u did, what im saying is that Ronnie has been put in the spotlight without doing anything but being the number two pick in the nfl draft. Ricky has proved himself as a good/great running back. Ronnie has to do something before i consider him better than Ricky. thats all

Dolfan99 said:
I never said u did, what im saying is that Ronnie has been put in the spotlight without doing anything but being the number two pick in the nfl draft. Ricky has proved himself as a good/great running back. Ronnie has to do something before i consider him better than Ricky. thats all

I think Ricky has to prove himself more than Ronnie Brown. Ricky was great a couple seasons ago, but you honestly expect him to be the same Rb he was a couple seasons ago, if he does comeback? He won't have any rust, being at a reported weight of 195 won't effect him? I'm sure people will assume he'll "easily" put on 30 lbs to be back at his playing weight, but if he puts on the weight too quickly, he'll probably pull a muscle and miss time if he does come back. Anything that Ricky adds is a bonus IMO, I expect alot more from Ronnie Brown than I expect of Ricky Williams right now.

Dolfan99 said:

the question wasnt whether ricky of 2 years ago is better then ronnie of today, it was who would gain the most yards.

For all of those who keep pointing to the fact that Ricky is 195 LBS, here this: it was just reported by his agent that he is up to 205, he still has a month before training camp and won't play a down until October 16th at Tampa Bay, he will be back to his 2003 weight by October. People act like he will be playing at 195 for the season, Ricky will be a positive addition (or re-addition) to the 2005 Miami Dolphins.

djfresh47 said:
I think Ricky has to prove himself more than Ronnie Brown. Ricky was great a couple seasons ago, but you honestly expect him to be the same Rb he was a couple seasons ago, if he does comeback? He won't have any rust, being at a reported weight of 195 won't effect him? I'm sure people will assume he'll "easily" put on 30 lbs to be back at his playing weight, but if he puts on the weight too quickly, he'll probably pull a muscle and miss time if he does come back. Anything that Ricky adds is a bonus IMO, I expect alot more from Ronnie Brown than I expect of Ricky Williams right now.

Whats wrong with a RB thats on the lighter side anyway? Tiki Barber weighs in at 200 and Priest Homles weighs in at 213

Dolfan99 said:
Whats wrong with a RB thats on the lighter side anyway? Tiki Barber weighs in at 200 and Priest Homles weighs in at 213

We need a power back thats hungry. Not to mention, ricky isn't a finesse guy, and just cause he lost weight doesn't mean he ever will be.

Dolfan99 said:

Nothing is wrong with that, but I don't remember ever hearing of Ricky Williams being a great RB at below 225 lbs. Ricky Williams is the only person I've ever heard of who smoked weed and lost weight.

Dolfan99 said:
So if Ricky gets 1200 yards and Ronnie, in his rookie year, gets 1000 yards hes a bust? Ricky has already proved that he can be a great back in the NFL, i wouldnt be so sure that Ronnie will get more yards. Whoever they play more is gonna get more yards IMO.
That would either mean
A. Ricky is getting more carries
or
B. Ricky is busting out a 10+ average.
Either scenerio has a pretty small chance of happening. The first could be, as you said, because of injuries which would suck. Therefore, the only possible way Ricky has more yards would be option B, and well dream on.
Now, might I ask why you replied to my exact same post twice?

I don't really care who has more yards rushing. I just know if these TWO guys are in the same backfield this offense is going to almost unstoppable.

I'll say Lamar Gorden, why?
IMO
'Cause both Ricky and Ronnie will line in the FB/HB position 40% of the time(Least I think).

I'll say Ronnie. I don't think Ricky will be relied on as the feature back, unless either Ronnie is a bust, or is injured. If Ronnie is 85% on what Ricky is/was, he'll get the starting job.

Ricky will be great...you guys that talk that crap about his weight...he is already 205. He has had an entire year to rest his body...it will probably be good for him. I have to say Ronnie will get more yards due to the fact he will most likely play more games. Plus, I assume your talking total yards. Ronnie will be more of a threat receiving.

rickysux said:
starting in week 6 after ricky's suspension through the end of the year who do you think will have more yards at years end ricky or ronnie?

I really don't see why it even matters. Seems like you want a RB controversy before the season even starts (especially judging by your name). Frankly, BOTH guys play on the SAME TEAM and I hope that BOTH have much success against opposing defenses. This is the perfect situation for both runners. Ricky doesn't want to be run into the ground as he was under Wanny and Brown is used to splitting time with another star back. So, it really does matter WHO gets the most yards......it's only important that they BOTH get yards.

Back
Top Bottom