Who Will Slide the Most/Rise the Most? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Will Slide the Most/Rise the Most?

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
What player, projected to go high in the first round, will slide the most? I believe it will be Jimmy Williams. He is a great talent, but I keep hearing other things like he may be hard to coach etc. I have a feeling he slips to the bottom half of the first round maybe past 20.

As far as who will be picked much sooner than expected, I think it will be Omar Jacobs. Right now, projections have him going 3rd or 4th. I really think he ends up going in the second.

As for the first round, I think its going to be Jimmy Williams or Vince Young sliding down and Jay Cutler sliding into the top 4 or Manny Lawson sliding to the middle of the 1st round.

I wont even attempt to analyze the other rounds because they seem to change weekly.

Philter25 said:
As for the first round, I think its going to be Jimmy Williams or Vince Young sliding down and Jay Cutler sliding into the top 4 or Manny Lawson sliding to the middle of the 1st round.

I wont even attempt to analyze the other rounds because they seem to change weekly.

very very true. I think it will still be hard to tell until FA is going on. Someteams needs will be filled earlier than the draft which could change everything

Once the dust settles from the CBA and free agency, we should be in a better position to predict draft day. The QB sweepstakes should be especially interesting, with Baltimore and Miami going toe-to-toe over Brees, Kitna might go to Detroit, Culpepper might intrigue Arizona, the daily Favre drama, and so on. If all those QBs find a home among teams drafting in front of us, I would expect a QB to drop.

Dropping: If I had to guess right now, I'd say Vince Young drops because people think he's dump and has awkward mechanics. Greenway because he's weak. Ngata might drop out of the top 10 because it's perceived he takes plays off. Maybe McNeill if people really believe he has a chronic bad back. Eric Winston is continuing his freefall to the end of day 1.

Rising: Cutler just keeps moving up, he's in Tennessee/Jets territory now. Manny Lawson and Cromartie should keep rising on pure athletic ability alone. I wouldn't be surprised to see Jason Allen taken at the end of the first.

But a lot can, and will, change!

I think Ngata, Greenway and Williams could slide down some.
I think Lawson has already been moving up tho Countdown has him going very late first.Moving up could be Carpenter,Mangold, Gilles and Hill.

Ozzy rules!!

I think Lawson has already been moving up tho Countdown has him going very late first.Moving up could be Carpenter,Mangold, Gilles and Hill.

Ozzy rules!!

Ngata, Young, Williams, and Greenway will slip. Leinart might slip especially if NO doesn't take him due to some failed outing at the Combine, etc.

Pocoloco said:
Once the dust settles from the CBA and free agency, we should be in a better position to predict draft day. The QB sweepstakes should be especially interesting, with Baltimore and Miami going toe-to-toe over Brees, Kitna might go to Detroit, Culpepper might intrigue Arizona, the daily Favre drama, and so on. If all those QBs find a home among teams drafting in front of us, I would expect a QB to drop.

Dropping: If I had to guess right now, I'd say Vince Young drops because people think he's dump and has awkward mechanics. Greenway because he's weak. Ngata might drop out of the top 10 because it's perceived he takes plays off. Maybe McNeill if people really believe he has a chronic bad back. Eric Winston is continuing his freefall to the end of day 1.

Rising: Cutler just keeps moving up, he's in Tennessee/Jets territory now. Manny Lawson and Cromartie should keep rising on pure athletic ability alone. I wouldn't be surprised to see Jason Allen taken at the end of the first.

Dumb??? :confused: :wink:

Pocoloco said:

Agree on Winston. Hasn't look good at any time I've seen him this year, so he is either drastically overrated or not fully recovered from his injury. If Greenway drops to #16 I'd have to think Saban would take him. Jason Allen was terrific in the combine, very intriguing, but with all his injuries I wouldn't take in him in the 1st or 2nd.

Danny said:

Ozzy rules!!

Mangold is a good bet to move up.

how is kellan clemons rising? He didnt even finish out his senior year, and he couldn't even officially win the starting job his other years. The guy is going no where

Back
Top Bottom