Who will start at Running Back Second Half of the Season? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who will start at Running Back Second Half of the Season?

Who will be the starting running back for the Dolphins in 2nd half of the season?

• Ricky Williams

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Ronnie Brown

Votes: 148 90.8%
  • Other

Votes: 4 2.5%

• Total voters
What kind of message would giving RW the starting RB job make? Saban preaches about being a "team player", he stresses the importance of accountability. Then the players look across the room and see Ricky, and think to themselves.....coach is full of shjt.
I think if Ricky comes back, he will be used in a backup and/or situational role. Enough to get him on the field and raise his trade stock, but not enough to damage the good things Saban has started in Miami.

Phin_Phan said:
Assuming Williams does return, I think he's be the #1 the whole season.....and Brwon would be #2 but they would both have MANY carries throughout the year, I just think u have more reliability on the proven NFL back compared to a rookie......

I love Brown and think he'll be a hell of a pro......but to say he can beat out Ricky in his first year.....I dunno.

But this is assuming he DOES come back, if he doesnt there's no one who'll even compete with Brown.

TO be honest I want Williams to come back.....I think with him and Brown in the back field changing the pace......we could go from the worst rushing offenses to the top 5 IMO!

Ricky isn't in shape. He would not beat out Brown. Brown is a better RB. You will see.

Ricky won't be any good if he does come back, he has lost 20 pounds and hasn't practiced since who knows when

Phin_Phan said:
Assuming Williams does return, I think he's be the #1 the whole season.....and Brwon would be #2 but they would both have MANY carries throughout the year, I just think u have more reliability on the proven NFL back compared to a rookie......

I love Brown and think he'll be a hell of a pro......but to say he can beat out Ricky in his first year.....I dunno.

But this is assuming he DOES come back, if he doesnt there's no one who'll even compete with Brown.

TO be honest I want Williams to come back.....I think with him and Brown in the back field changing the pace......we could go from the worst rushing offenses to the top 5 IMO!
DId you just say Ricky Williams is more RELIABLE than a rookie? Are you talking about the Ricky WIlliams I know?

Why would you start a rookie who's averaging 2.5 yards a carry when you have a veteran averaging 4.5 on the roster?

That will be the case this year and that's why Ricky has to start.

Houck will turn our offensive line into a great line and Brown will do great behind them.

dean_siu said:
I really believe that Ronnie Brown will struggle behind this offensive line and prove once again that it is the true deficiency holding this team back from winning on a consistent basis.

Although Ricky will likely have to serve a 4 game suspension at the beginning of the season, I think he'll be starting and getting 75% of the carries late in the season.

The difference he'll produce will surely prove his dominance in thie league and hopefully make this organization address the need it has failed to do over the last 3-4 offseasons.

I think that in the latter part of the season, RW will be getting more carries to take the load off of Brown...As you know, most rookies, especially RBs that will start and play most downs ( as I suspect Brown will), tend to hit the proverbial wall around the end of Nov, because of the length of the pro season compared to the college season. I highly doubt that RW will be starting over Brown due to ability...It'll be to rest him for the late season and hopefully the POs (Ok, that may be a little too optimistic)...About the OL...remember that a great RB makes an average OL good, and a poor OL average...and we know this due to the fact that RW had so many yards prior to this past year. So the bottom line is that I can forsee RW getting carries but only to take the pressure off of Brown.

Ronnie Brown Is Our Man So Get Over It It's A New Era And We Are All Going To Love It. Ronnie The Diesel Brown Is The New Rb In Town.

The rose colored glasses are coming out more than ever with Fin Fan opinoins on this position. I'm shocked that over 90% of those who voted are blind enough to think Ronnie Brown will beat out Ricky Williams for the starting nod in a head to head battle.

dean_siu said:
The rose colored glasses are coming out more than ever with Fin Fan opinoins on this position. I'm shocked that over 90% of those who voted are blind enough to think Ronnie Brown will beat out Ricky Williams for the starting nod in a head to head battle.

I think the assumption that Ricky will be not only playing, but starting in 2005 shows the beer-bottle glasses are out.

painnotpleasure said:
Whomever voted "other" has some serious pessimism going on. :rolleyes:

Not neccessarily. Maybe Lamar Gordon is on this board, and plans to beat out all others for the starting role! :lol:

dean_siu said:
Why would you start a rookie who's averaging 2.5 yards a carry when you have a veteran averaging 4.5 on the roster?

That will be the case this year and that's why Ricky has to start.

didn't Ricky average something like 3.1 yards per carry before he quit

What has to happen for Ricky to be our starter in the second half next season:

1) Come back
2) Get past whatever suspension he has to serve
3) Get back in football shape
4) Convince the team he's changed
5) Beat out Brown
6) "Run Ricky Run"--No, no, Ricky, we mean downfield with the ball, not to Africa!

Back
Top Bottom