who will take o-guns place? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

who will take o-guns place?

ltfinfan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
if we trade him or if he sit out who is going to play his position will we use bowens or will we try to draft someone or is there a FA out there that can come in and be servicable

I think a combination...Bowens was "slated" as the the guy before being hurt and that gave Ogun a shot...There is also Otis Grigsby and Jay Williams...but picking up a June 1 FA would not be out of the question..

I agree with LFF. I'd also consider using a lower round draft pick (>4th) to develop a tweaner or project DE. We did it with AO.

the problem with ogun is you just don't know how many sacks jt was responsible for. I would say d. Bowens would be just fine.

O... that's been my FIRM opinion all along. I believe finding a running mate for JT is easier than finding OL.

do you guys know what's wrong with d.gardner? I don't rememer him being such an *** in miami?

Orlando said:
do you guys know what's wrong with d.gardner? I don't rememer him being such an *** in miami?

He was a locker room cancer! I am glad that he is gone!!!!!

He was an ***, we just didn't hear as much about it. Not too mention, we bent over backwards a few times for him. We kept his jaw shut by putting up with his ways. He's just now proving what COULD have happened if we would have kept him around.

Some seeds won't grow... no matter how much you water them.

now I don't feel so bad that we got him to restructure then cut him

Not too mention O that even then we went the extra mile to buy insurance for him during the restructure. We paid the bill for the insurance and then he restructured. Just so happened, he got injured and still recouped his cash. It was a smart move than motivated him to restructure AND save us money. He was protected either way and so were we.

I have noticed that Bo Schobel's stock is on the rise and should go in the 4th. Even if we only get a 2nd and 3rd for Ogun thats way more valuable than Ogun for a year. There is also a player named Jason Babin that will go in round 2 that I really like. So I think Ogun is a great fit here but if by trading him we get his replacement and another player we have to do it. A player like Babin who was a good player in college (read Boomers write up) was double teamed and still got to the QB now we put this guy opposite JT in one on one matchups I think he would do just fine. (oh yeah he just ran a 4.64 40)

Gardener was a locker room cancer as well as injury prone, then came the contract issues...His back is bad, and he can't accept it...the problem is that when his back was sound and he was on his game, with Bowens, that was an awesome interior line..

I like the to see the Phins take a chance on DE Bobby McCray from Florida. He is a tall, powerful speed rusher at about 265 pounds that visited with Miami earlier this month. He has first day talent but may drop due to character issues. If the FO is convinced that he can keep his mouth shut and play, he may be a steal for some team. He could be an excellent replacement for Ogun down the line, and an immediate contributor this year.

I don't totally remember, but didn't he get shot in the face? A man who survives that probly deserves to act like a self righteous bastard. :goof:

Back
Top Bottom