who will take o-guns place? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

who will take o-guns place?

Otis Grigsby is my sleeper...watch out for this guy, he certainly has the potential.

But right now, I'm going with David Bowens.

Say the Bears decided to cough up and give us their first this year.

If Udeze or Smith was around, would we take them at 14.

I definitely would pull the trigger for Udeze.

No, why take Udeze, unproven player for Ogun, a proven player...If a deal is made for Ogun, DE will be a day 2 pick at best....Bowens and Grigsby could fill in and perhaps one would win the job outright...

I think he's staying with us but if he's gone, we should draft a DE at some point. One more thing. Why do people here think that everything Ogun does is thanks to JT?Granted, it helps to have JT on the other side and vice versa. But if you ask Ogun, he'll tell you that he benefits more from the DT's than from JT and if you ask JT, he'll tell you the same thing. Again, not underestimating JT at all, but give Ogun some credit.

Ozzy rules!!

Gardener was a great player that had issues going from a coach who was a great disciplinarian to a laid back coach that would have issues controlling a 5 yr old in the park.

I thought Gardener was shot in the leg, not the face, but I could be mistaken. By the way he acts, he probably deserved to get shot! :jk: Anyhow, Bowens would probably be given every opportunity to start if O-gun is shipped off somewhere. As long as he stays away from ladders and lightbulbs, he should od fine. Grigby is a name a lot of people want to latch onto, I just don't see it yet but who knows.

Speaking of lightbulbs, in honor of Steve Martin, a joke.

What is the difference between a pregnant lady, and a lightbulb?

You can unscrew a light bulb.

There is no one currently on the roster that can come close to replacing Ogunleye. David Bowens won't match his sack production and will never be able to hold up against the run as a 3 down defensive end. Jay Williams will never consistently give the type of pass rush we need from that spot.

Otis Grigsby has a motor, but this is a guy who had 10 sacks in his college career. He's not a pass rushing threat. A good special teamer, but not a pass rusher.

By getting rid of Ogunleye, the Dolphins would simply be creating a gaping hole on their defense. Great pass rushers like this are hard to find. Miami should have locked Ogunleye up to a long term deal LAST YEAR!

KBISBACK said:
There is no one currently on the roster that can come close to replacing Ogunleye. David Bowens won't match his sack production and will never be able to hold up against the run as a 3 down defensive end. Jay Williams will never consistently give the type of pass rush we need from that spot.

Otis Grigsby has a motor, but this is a guy who had 10 sacks in his college career. He's not a pass rushing threat. A good special teamer, but not a pass rusher.

By getting rid of Ogunleye, the Dolphins would simply be creating a gaping hole on their defense. Great pass rushers like this are hard to find. Miami should have locked Ogunleye up to a long term deal LAST YEAR!
Totaly agree. JT, Sam and Pat would cry if Ogun leaves. JT would get double on every down(no, he didn't get double as much as some people here think last year)and Sam and Pat would have to cover the WR's forever with no pass rush. We NEED this guy with us.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom