Who Would You Select? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Would You Select?

If one team had to lose one game on any given weekend, which team would you select?

• Miami Dolphins

Votes: 20 30.3%
  • Miami Hurricanes

Votes: 46 69.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Personally, I would rather see the Dolphins... but it depends on the opponent. In college football, one loss means you're out of the hunt. In pros, one loss means nothing really. But, as said... it depends on the opponent.

College Football pretty much bores me, so you know my vote :D

GO FSU!!

You know my vote...

I cheer all FL football, but there is a hierarchy...

1. Dolphins
2. Buc/Jags (as long as they aren't playing the fins)

1. FSU
2. Miami (as long as they aren't playing FSU)
3. Gators and so on.....

Canes have a winning tradition... they are expected to win... one or two non championship seasons and they find their way back to the top easy.... they win because they have developed a great tradition which is based on a great recruiting process....players are together as a team for at least 2-4 years... sometimes more. They live together, eat together..... pros are different.

Fins don't have it that easy

I'm a Dolphins fan.

I don't live in Miami - or on the East Coast, for that matter. And I don't care about college ball. So the Hurricanes could lose every game and it wouldn't bother me. Heck, I wouldn't even know about it. Actually, I guess if that happened, it would be plastered all over SportsCenter, so I would know about it. ;)

Originally posted by FinHeavenAJ
Personally, I would rather see the Dolphins... but it depends on the opponent. In college football, one loss means you're out of the hunt. In pros, one loss means nothing really. But, as said... it depends on the opponent.

That's the rationale I used for my vote.

Originally posted by Phins Phan
I choose the Hurricanes for two reasons, first I am more of a Dolphins fan than a Hurricane fan. Second, the Hurricanes have won enough championships in the last ten years. I am 33 years old and I haven't seen the Dolphins win one yet. I'd like to see the Lombardi trophy in Miami.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Hurricanes and I suffer their losses as well, but if I had to choose the Canes would be my choice without hesitation.

Phins Phan

If you're 33 years old, then you have seen the Dolphins win it all.....you were just too young to remember. :)
As for me, I wasn't even born yet when they won their Lombardi trophies. I was just a toddler for the losses to Washington and San Francisco in the 80's.

Couldn't care less about the Canes. Go UNLV Rebels! (trying to be optomistic)

I as hard as it was to do I took the Dolphins, as no team in the Pros (apart from the 72 team, before I get flamed) is going to perfect through the season, yet in College 1 loss can be death for a Championship team. I am as big a Cane fan as I am a Fin Fan so this was a difficult choice for me. In my perfect world they would both win every weekend :D

Dolphins were the obvious pick , this is a dolphin's site. its no surprise the canes' arent getting much love anyway. They are #2 in the nation right now and they played an ESPN Thursday nighter last evening and did you catch a glympse at the crowd. It wasn't even close to being a sell-out.

Whew!, that was a hard one considering I love both teams. I chose the Fins to lose cause, if the Canes lose one they lose rank depending on the quality of the opposing team plus, the BCS is a bunch of unforgiving BS when it comes to losses. (I don't agree with the NCAA's rankings) The Fins could still sit pretty with a loss.

Being a die-hard fin and cane fan.. this is a hard choice. I picked the Dolphins because they can lose 4 or 5 games and still make it to the playoffs. The Canes on the other hand lose one game, and it could be over.

I went to the East Carolina game and it was rocking in there. Heh, so was I for that matter.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom