Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Smith

Votes: 14 82.4%

• Total voters

Carne Asada

there be no distractions for our team
Club Member
Reaction score
Who would you pick if you had the choice from Ferrell and Smith? I think I would go with Roquan since the 2nd round will be buzzing with pass rushers and I only see Jerome Baker and Kendall Joseph as the only other two viable weakside lbs.

For those of us who didn't watch a lot of college football this year...who is Ferrell?

If we select Smith, do we move Raekwon McMillan to the outside or can Smith play outside?

Roquan plays weakside. Kiko (since we can't dump him) plays middle, Raekwon plays sam.
Ferrell is a DE from Clemson.

If we select Smith, do we move Raekwon McMillan to the outside or can Smith play outside?

On traditional base sets, I think you put McMillan inside and Smith at WLB, but Smith has quicker instincts, and either could play inside or out, and in Nickel (the new base), you'd have two LB's who can run.

Our talent is weakest in the LB corps so I went with Roquan. If we can get a healthy Raekwon on the field with Roquan, we will see a huge improvement in speed of the LB unit. Hopefully this will translate into a better pass defense as well as an ability to better stop the run.

On traditional base sets, I think you put McMillan inside and Smith at WLB, but Smith has quicker instincts, and either could play inside or out, and in Nickel (the new base), you'd have two LB's who can run.
If you add Stephone Anthony to that, you have three LBs who can run. Kiko is not slow but he became hesitant after his hit on Flacco.

I feel like Smith is exactly what Miami needs on defense so I'd go there. He is constantly being mocked to the Oakland Raiders so Smith could be off the table when the Dolphins pick.

If that's the case, then Ferrell, Landry and Davenport would figure to be in play.

I feel like Smith is exactly what Miami needs on defense so I'd go there. He is constantly being mocked to the Oakland Raiders so Smith could be off the table when the Dolphins pick.

If that's the case, then Ferrell, Landry and Davenport would figure to be in play.
A lot of early mocks had him going near 20, If he's on the board and we pass on him I'd be pissed. I think after the combine though his stock is going to shoot up and he'll be long gone by the time we pick.

Based on the way Miami used fat boy until he decided that a bar tab was not worth paying...I think McMillian fits for out Mike. With that said I think adding another backer of Smith Caliber could be hugely beneficial as he could line up inside or outside and would be a plus player if we ever move to a 3-4.

As far as Farrell...he is a monster and good DE's are hard to find, although if you look around the league, getting consistent backer play seems to be even more difficult.

Based on the way Miami used fat boy until he decided that a bar tab was not worth paying...I think McMillian fits for out Mike. With that said I think adding another backer of Smith Caliber could be hugely beneficial as he could line up inside or outside and would be a plus player if we ever move to a 3-4.

As far as Farrell...he is a monster and good DE's are hard to find, although if you look around the league, getting consistent backer play seems to be even more difficult.

That's a good point. It certainly has been more difficult for Miami.

I guess you can ask the question. What player would help more against New England's scheme? I'd say Smith. I know that isn't the deciding factor on taking a player, but I bet it's one the front office thinks about.

Combo of McMillan & Smith goes immediately improves LB core. We can play nickel 70% time with big safeties TJ & Reshad.
Only question I have is do you pass on guys like Minkah - James - Chubb - Ward?
Truly special players IMO.

Back
Top Bottom