Who woulda ever thought it? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who woulda ever thought it?

cause you know we would have lost both of those PR fumbles and the refs would not overturn that fumble either for us :yell: we need Shula back on the competition committee ;)

even with shula on the commitee............

what was the final ruling on that snowplow crap in NE. i was surpised shula let it happen. to my knowledge, that should not have been allowed!:confused:

Re: finally an intelligent person

Originally posted by ethand420
39: You are a class act... Why are people doubting the patriots saying we are a fluke, a one year wonder? I've read your posts and I think your a class act. Good luck next year!

We may not win the superbowl again, but were going to improve as most teams will. We have great trade bait, are in great salary cap situation.. we have a team that knows and believes in it's system. That is enough for me.. imagine the patriots with another couple receivers? That could be pretty good.. but who knows!

dolfan06 -

Before you disrespect the patriots, do you really think your team could've beaten the steelers or the rams? I'm just wondering. The patriots can beat the dolphins when it counts... see playoff results in the 96-97 and 97-98. The patriots were by far the hardest hitting team this year. You guys are close though... you might find the right recipe this upcoming year. Maybe you guys should try and tank your first few games of the year and then try to build momentum when it counts - going into the playoffs. hahahah

I honestly think you guys will improve if you trade one of those QBs, but I would trade Brady because you are in good cap shape. Brady is overrated and can't throw more then 10 yards, Bledsoe would be a top QB if he could play with Troy Brown and David Patten this year, as they were both good. Look at the Patriots passes, and they are all short with a lot of yards after the catch.

another thing

Even if you do trade one of your QBs, I doubt you guys will be even close to as good next year, but I am not gonna say it is definate since you guys are the Champs.

Re: the Pats seemed destined

Originally posted by dolphan39
Izzo recovered fumbles on back to back punt returns in that Oak game and then there was the Brady fumble that was not a fumble.

The Pats won because they had all the best players on the field at the end of the season and were relatively healthy and they had a coach that knew how to confuse the opposing team's O.
got this off the pats board 39
I have nothing but respect for what the patriots accomplished after brady fumbled the ball against the raiders. However, it doesn't matter what you do after the game should have been over. I am not a raiders fan nor do I hate the patriots. I am simply a fan of fair play. I in fact was cheering for the patriots to win the game because I don't like the raiders. However, after the game was over I knew the patriots got away with one and I hoped that someone would knock them off because there shouldn't be any doubt about who is the true world champion when the season was over. I had the same feelings back when the titans did what was in my opinion a forward lateral to beat the bills. At least in that case there were a few people who believed the play was legitimate. I haven't heard or talked to 1 person who thought brady threw an incomplete pass. Everyone knows it was a fumble and that the refs came up with some bs argument to justify their agenda. I hope that one day my team wins the superbowl but only if they can do so when they deserve it without any controversy. Once the ref made that bogus call it completely corrupted the playoffs because no matter who won the superbowl the raider fans can always say they were screwed and that it could have been them. The patriots will never be looked upon by most people outside of the new england area as true champions because deep down everyone knows that you can't have an incomplete pass when the quartbacks arm isn't even moving forward in a throwing motion when the ball comes loose. Patriot fans will claim they are champs but deep down they all have that funny feeling of unsatisfaction because they know that they got away with a gift call and the refs not the players decided the outcome! I have never said that a team that won the superbowl wasn't the true champs until this year! This is a black eye on the entire 2001 nfl season!

I dont understand how the pats d can go from mid 20 rank in the season to holding the rams to 3 points through 3 quarters. if a game plan can turn their d into such a good squad we need to get rid of bates and find someone who will bring up a safety every once in a while and let the strongest part of our team win games for us.

i think dolphan39 has metioned it.........

Originally posted by dofnsman4303
I dont understand how the pats d can go from mid 20 rank in the season to holding the rams to 3 points through 3 quarters. if a game plan can turn their d into such a good squad we need to get rid of bates and find someone who will bring up a safety every once in a while and let the strongest part of our team win games for us.
i know i have, in the playoff game against the black chickens, he didn't draw the safety's up till half way through the 4th quarter!:yell:

the Rams did themselves in...If it wasn't for the turnovers it would have been Rams 17 Pats 3. Plain and simple...The Rams didn't bring their A game and weren't ready to play..The patsies took advantage and controlled the tempo from the first Int on. If the Rams would have given Warner protection and functioned like they had for most of the year...the Patsies would be home right now. That's ok...Time for the Dolphins to take out the Champions 2 times in a row next year :D

are you trying to say............

Originally posted by Flyin11
the Rams did themselves in...If it wasn't for the turnovers it would have been Rams 17 Pats 3. Plain and simple...The Rams didn't bring their A game and weren't ready to play..The patsies took advantage and controlled the tempo from the first Int on. If the Rams would have given Warner protection and functioned like they had for most of the year...the Patsies would be home right now. That's ok...Time for the Dolphins to take out the Champions 2 times in a row next year :D
the pats defense didn't cause some of those turnovers. the INT for a TD was directly caused by the blitz, there were several hits that caused fumbles and faulk was taken out of the game completely. not to mention that warner was on the field, but had no idea what defense the pats were in!

Originally posted by dofnsman4303
I have changed my opinion on Bates - we really do not need to replace Bates - we need Wanne to spend much more time scheming the D and let Norv (I hope) take care of the O by himself.

Bill B changed the D scheme and R Seymour started playing better that is how their D got better. They also get healthier toward the end of the year; unlike us. It was Bill B's well designed and blitzes and horrible pass protection that caused the big TO/TD to Law.

Back
Top Bottom