Who'll end up our 3rd QB by opening day ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who'll end up our 3rd QB by opening day ?

• Cade McNown

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Tim Levcik of Robert Morris

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Zak Kustok of Northwestern

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Ray Lucas

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score

check out MARVEZ: McNown's worth up in the air sounds like they are frustrated with Cade even though we just sent our #6 to the Da Bears a few weeks ago to keep him.

I think he'll get his act together enough to beat out the 2 undrafted guys, but what you think ?

Originally posted by dolphan39

check out MARVEZ: McNown's worth up in the air sounds like they are frustrated with Cade even though we just sent our #6 to the Da Bears a few weeks ago to keep him.

I think he'll get his act together enough to beat out the 2 undrafted guys, but what you think ?

I believe by the end of training camp, that Cade will rebound and win the #3 QB spot.

I'm sure that the 'Fins bringing the UFA QB's in was more of an example of them trying to push Cade a little more than it was a serious play to have either one of them make the team. On the other hand, if this Kustok kid is good (I know absolutely nothing about him other than what's in that article) then you never know what could happen. My votes still gonna stay with Cade though, I have faith in him. :D

I would be shocked :eek: if the Fins brought another QB in unless one of the top 3 went down

Kustok is terrible. He has not QB talent whatsoever. But he is a hard worker and smart and that is why he improved his college career. I think Levcik still has some untapped talent (he came from the wonderful coaching of Robert Morris College). But, neither of them will beat out Cade McNown. I dont think Cade is all that bad. He could be a starter someday. He has a lot of talent and it would be a waste to get rid of it instead of giving him a chance to get in sync.

Cade isn't that talented. He's got a weak arm and doesn't think before he does a lot of things. He was great at UCLA more due to his improvisational skills than his talent. Never should have been a first round pick. That is a Bears goof.

I think they should keep Levcik. This team needs a sturdy, strong armed, drop back passer for the future of this offense.

The bears other goof is when they hired Dave to be their head coach.

I wont vote, for the simple fact that, I really dont know. Was the bringing in of young talent just a ploy to get the fire going under Cades butt! Im from Kali, and I got a chance to see Cade play first hand on a number of occasions. He may not be a great drop back passer, but like I say about Fiedler, the kid is definetly a football player! A little more time( playing time that is), and a little SELF-confindense, I believe he could be a starter in this league. I dont know that Dave and Co. is sold on the former #1, and will be willing to wait it out with obvious talent behind him! I also know absolutely nothing about the QB's brought in to challenge, but If the win now window is closing, Id imagine the best of the rest behind Fiedler and Lucas, will survive! Is Cade eligible to go to Europe? If so, thats going to be the route for him, just to polish up his actual throwing skills!

I think Dave needs to get over his infatuation with these small, weak armed, very limited QBs and get some 6-4 or taller, 230+ lbs drop back passers with strong arms.

That's why I hope they keep Tim Levcik and give a long look to Carson Palmer next year in the draft.

The style of QB we need to be looking for is the Troy Aikman type of QB, not the Joe Kapp type of QB we currently have.

Back
Top Bottom