Who's going to the SB if the Phins are playing? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who's going to the SB if the Phins are playing?

Originally posted by RICKYSABEAST
Ok guys now its time for the absolute dream question. Just like every other dolfan I dream every day of watching them go to the superbowl. I turn 29 on Thursday and have never seen the Dolphins win a superbowl in my life. I see it in my minds eye...Im sitting there watching my 36' sony XBR Hidef in blaring 5 channel surround as the Phins win the Afc Championship game against the Jags 84-3 (I'm still not over our loss to them years ago in the playoffs also know as when the sprinklers came on) so now I know that they are playing in the Super Bowl in Houston. I then immediately jump on travelocity.com and book my plain and call a hotel to get a room. Who else will drop everything they are doing to get there. I don't care if my girlfriend leaves me and I get fired from the job I worked so hard to get...I will be there no matter what I will spend that whole week in Houston or New Orleans or Nome Alaska whenever they are there I'll be there.. Who else will be there and what hardships would you endure to see the Phins in the SuperBowl.
:banana:

Back to the original question......I will NOT try in anyway to go to the SuperBowl, even if the Dolphins are in it......Overblown and overpriced, that my opinion.

I will watch the Dolphins where I always do, from the comfort of my recliner (or couch)....Nothing beats the view.

The only thing that will be different is that there will be food and refreshments and lots of people because I will be throwing a BIG SuperBowl Bash!

Other than that, why break tradition?

Re: Tampa Bay would be nice.

Originally posted by -81- McMichael
Beating the defending champions AND another Florida team would be nice. Watching Sapp go down with a serious injury TWENTY YARDS away from the play would be a bonus. Don't get me wrong - I normally frown on wishing injuries on players. But this SOB has it coming for what he did last year. Frankly, I don't see him making it to the end of the season - too many teams already have it out for him. He'll get his.

Anyway, Tampa's defense, their division being relatively weak (IMO), and the Gruden factor... that's my guess.

Otherwise, I'll go with Rams IF Warner starts playing like he used to again.

What is it that he did last year??!! Play good? Win a superbowl? Look im a dolfan all the way but i think it is flat out wrong to wish injury on anyone. Besides.. Sapp is a Hurricane always and forever and i dont know any pro football player that is more proud of his college team than Sapp and since i am a hurricane.. i have MUCH love for Sapp.

Seems you don't know what happened.

Originally posted by MissMeth
What is it that he did last year??!! Play good? Win a superbowl? Look im a dolfan all the way but i think it is flat out wrong to wish injury on anyone. Besides.. Sapp is a Hurricane always and forever and i dont know any pro football player that is more proud of his college team than Sapp and since i am a hurricane.. i have MUCH love for Sapp.

From the attached thread:

"...Sapp's hit on Chad Clifton during an interception return by cornerback Brian Kelly in the third quarter, and with the CELEBRATION by Sapp WHILE the Green Bay offensive tackle LAY MOTIONLESS on the field."

[more]

'Sapp responded afterward by suggesting Sherman cursed at him and then termed the Packers coach "a lying, (manure)-eating hound. … If I was 25 years old and didn't have a kid and a conscience, I would have given him an ass-kicking right there at the 30-yard line."'

Yeah, real classy act - NOT!. Sapp's behavior is totally unacceptable. His attitude sucks. And, eventually, he'll get his.

I love the 'Canes, too. Practically grew up in the Orange Bowl. I knew Jerome Brown (RIP) and Bernie Kosar, personally. But Sapp?!? He just acts like a punk. Always has, always will. Exactly the kind of behavior the UM program has worked so hard to lose (since the mid '80's teams).

But, hey, don't take my word for what happened. Read this:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/columns/pasquarelli_len/1465999.html

Plus, there's a lot more on the infamous hit on the web.

Hey i agree he shouldnt have hit the guy so hard, but he was only doing his job. The Green Bay coach was at just as much fault as Sapp for arguing back and forth. Yea Sapp has an attitude but what football player doesnt? And even though Miami has been trying to get rid of that attitude, that is what we are known for, good or bad.

The point remains whether you like him or not is your opinion and your right but to wish injury on anyone is WRONG. I hate the Jets with everything in me but i wouldnt wish injury on any of them.

I concede. I just still wish...

The point remains whether you like him or not is your opinion and your right but to wish injury on anyone is WRONG. I hate the Jets with everything in me but i wouldnt wish injury on any of them.

I concede, MissMeth. You are right. I absolutely HATE wishing injury on anyone. It's just not right. But I'm still disgusted with Sapp. He showed no remorse, no regret. Not even the slightest concern for the other player. Mind you, that guy's career is over. Moreover, his injuries are such that he'll have trouble walking the rest of his life. Sapp never once asked if he was ok. And he never once considered the possibility that maybe, just MAYBE, that hit (more than 20 yards from the play) was unnecessary.

THAT is what still has me believing that Sapp is not a player to respect. I'd like to see Sapp sit down with that player's wife and children and re-watch the hit AND Sapp's reaction to it during and after the game and in interviews... I'd like to see what Sapp has to say to that man's wife and children then. The coward.

Finally, as for Sapp "losing it" because coach Sherman cursed at him. :lol: :cry: :lol:

PLEASE! The things these players say to each other throughout the game... there's no excuse for taking ANYTHING someone SAYS personally. Crippling you for life... that's personal.

So, yes, I retract. No ill will to Sapp. I do hope, however, that he someday realizes what he's done and atones for it. At least, apologize.

Sapp's hit was legal but unnecessary and he knows it. Also, there was intent to injure. Sapp could have just shoved him down but instead he jumped and nailed him down.

I am a Hurricanes fan but I can't stand Sapp.

How do you know he hasnt apologized?! Just because you didnt see it on Sports Center doesnt mean he didnt do it! You only know what you see on tv or read in the newspaper and we all know the media is more than willing to show bad stuff on tv but never good stuff.

It doesn't matter if he apologized or not, it was a sleazy cheap shot....however legal it may have been is not the point, it was unecessary and intentionally done to injure the man....

I hope Warren Sapp gets everything he deserves.

Im hearing all of you when you say it was unnecessary i totally agree... but the point was and still is, that is no reason to wish injury on someone. I feel bad for the player that was hurt and im sure Warren does too (although you never know) Kennoy Kennedy doesnt have any of us wishing he was hurt and he hurt one of OUR players!

You're absolutely right...

How do you know he hasnt apologized?! Just because you didnt see it on Sports Center doesnt mean he didnt do it! You only know what you see on tv or read in the newspaper and we all know the media is more than willing to show bad stuff on tv but never good stuff.

Absolutely correct... I do NOT know if he has OR if he hasn't apologized, either way. And there is no way short of asking him to know for sure.

As for the media, I hope we all know that whatever "they" say is only ever but a small, small sliver of the truth (see Vietnam, Iran/Contra, Iraq WMD [still waiting...], etc).

However, (back to football) what little I have seen AND the hit itself speaks volumes for the kind of player Sapp seems to be all about... the mouth of the South... me, me, me.

As a Miami fan, I would be ashamed if one of the Dolphin players made such a hit and then carried on against the opposition's head coach in such a way. And I like that DW is the kind of coach that wouldn't put up with that kind of play or behavior.

I like Gruden, but his rapport with the players seems a little weird at times - case in point, K. Johnson's getting TOTALLY in his face last year on the side lines. If I was a coach, I'd very quietly tell him to back the f*** off or risk getting sat down for the rest of the game... or more.

Respect... some players have it... others seem to think it's merely due to THEM. Again, it's just me, me, me.

Last edited by a moderator:
well i agree 81.. i didnt like his behavior either. And i would also be ashamed if one of OUR players did such a thing.

I live in Tampa now and everyone here hates Sapp, personally not from a buc fan standpoint.
He has really made a name for himself around town as a low class scumbag. I for one would like to see him laid out sqealing like a stuck pig.

Back
Top Bottom