whos the best leadoff hitter? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

whos the best leadoff hitter?

Ray Finkle said:
Ichiro is batting .358 right now. He has a pretty bad start of the season, however Ichiro always has been a slow starter. He's batting .500 in June. I think he's the best out there. The guy always seems to get on base and has tons of speed. If he was on a power house offensive team like the Yankees he'd score about 200 runs a year.

Damn :eek: I thought it was still lower than that (320 to 330 range)

I wish he was a Marlin.....Hanley Ramirez isnt really a true 'leadoff' hitter, He would be better as a #2 or even #3 guy, he has a lot of power that he doesnt use because he is just trying to get on base

Ichiro....because he gets on base all the time...that's what a leadoff guy should do.

MikeO said:
Crawford is going to LAA for Ervin Santana probably. He won't be hitting leading off there.

:sidelol: :sidelol:

i dont know who told you that.

and Crawford isnt a leadoff hitter, Lugo has been our Leadoff hitter the past 2 years

Nappy Roots said:
thats a bull**** homer paper for the angels. there has been no talk on our side about this, its all about the angels and what they want, all lies.

Yeah, I'm not sure why the D-Rays would consider moving Crawford when they have other guys like Rocco and Joey Gatheright who are clearly lesser players than Crawford who could be moved for a decent prospect/player. The Rays also have Huff they could move, however him not hitting might hurt his value a lot right now.

Ichiro is by far the best leadoff guy. He brings a real good OBP, BA, takes pitches. He understands what it means to hit leadoff. Damon is a distant 2nd.

Reyes, Crawford, pierre, Figgins, Rollins...all these guys have 3 things in common. Bad OBP's, lots of sb, and pretty good BA's. Theyre not great leadoff guys yet....and in some cases maybe never will be

MikeO said:
Crawford is going to LAA for Ervin Santana probably. He won't be hitting leading off there.

If it's straight-up and true, what an awful trade for TB.

Ichiro, and its not even close.

Posedinik is the most dangerous guy on the base paths, but he's not really a pure contact hitter like Suziki, Pierre and those guys. I haven't really been following baseball to hard this year yet, but I remember Dave Roberts was a pretty good leadoff guy.

How the hell are names like Podsednik, Pierre and even Dave Roberts being talked about with no mention of Grady Sizemore? Truely asinine.

Ichiro is best leadoff hitter in the game, and I'd take Grady Sizemore after him over anyone else in the league.

FaninPatsyLand said:
How the hell are names like Podsednik, Pierre and even Dave Roberts being talked about with no mention of Grady Sizemore? Truely asinine.

Ichiro is best leadoff hitter in the game, and I'd take Grady Sizemore after him over anyone else in the league.

Just to clarify, as a leadoff hitter?

RWhitney014 said:
Just to clarify, as a leadoff hitter?

Yes, definitely over some of the guys mentioned in this thread. Ideally, I'd like my leadoff hitter to have some pop in his bat, which Grady Sizemore definitely posesses. And it's not like he isn't getting on base, his plate discipline is still developing, but even at this point I'd take him 2nd only to Ichiro.

It's Ichiro, followed by Kevin Youkilis, then Sizemore. Youkilis would be #1 if he had more of a track record as a leadoff hitter. OBP is the most important thing for a leadoff hitter, and it's not even close.

phunwin said:
It's Ichiro, followed by Kevin Youkilis, then Sizemore. Youkilis would be #1 if he had more of a track record as a leadoff hitter. OBP is the most important thing for a leadoff hitter, and it's not even close.

I was going to mention Youk, but I didn't want to be called a homer. Youk is great at getting on base but he doesn't have a lot of speed which is something you'd want your lead off hitter to have.

If I were going to make a list I'd say: Ichiro, Sizemore, Damon, then possibly Youk.

Back
Top Bottom