Who's the best? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who's the best?

Originally posted by dolphinsrock
i would like to know, who you fin fans think is the best overall player on our team...who would u least like to get rid of?

mine is: offense-rw
defense-jason taylor (i would pich thomas but he does have chronic ankle problems which limit his speed)

... on offense Chris Chambers, possibly Gadsden, but I give Chambers the edge because he is more explosive and has more potential.

On defense, it's between Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor. I'll go with Taylor, this last years prefromance IMO was better than his 2000 season. It's one thing to be a DE that gets sacks on passing downs, it's another to get sacks and also be a major factor in stopping the run. Jason IMO is the BEST all around DE in the NFL. I'm not sure you can say that about Zach, but Zach is the heart of the team.

Oliver...

You know I agree, Oliver. JT is the best at his position. Strahan got a boatload of sacks. But he played LE and didn't play the run like JT. JT had a COMPLETE season. The fact that he was so good against the run playing at 240 lbs is amazing.

David Bowens hitting on ST :eek: - I would want to be in armored personnel if had the ball in my hands and he was coming at me with head of steam, nit just pads :D

On the subject of the original post...

I'll vote with my jerseys:D

Offense Ricky Williams
Defense Jason Taylor.

I don't want Zach left out of it though because we saw what happend without him fully fit against Baltimore :cry: . He has vision, anticipation and suprising power for his size. I got a Zach shirt for my little boy who is due next month.:cool:

Honorable mentions go to Chris Chambers (I hope a real star of the near future), Jay Fiedler for his leadership (let's rally round the leader guys) and the entire secondary.:D

But frankly I like the Patriots ethos from last year. Nobody is indespensible (even $100m worth of QB). It takes a team to win.
Go Fins!!

Re: On the subject of the original post...

Originally posted by GazPhin
I'll vote with my jerseys:D

Offense Ricky Williams
Defense Jason Taylor.

I don't want Zach left out of it though because we saw what happend without him fully fit against Baltimore :cry: . He has vision, anticipation and suprising power for his size. I got a Zach shirt for my little boy who is due next month.:cool:

Honorable mentions go to Chris Chambers (I hope a real star of the near future), Jay Fiedler for his leadership (let's rally round the leader guys) and the entire secondary.:D

But frankly I like the Patriots ethos from last year. Nobody is indespensible (even $100m worth of QB). It takes a team to win.
Go Fins!!

congrats. on the "new little Zach" GazPhin. :)

that has been my number 1 argument!

when somebody talks about marino not getting a friggin ring!;)

Re: I hear ya 06...

Originally posted by GazPhin
...getting into the Hall of Fame will be small consolation aswell.:cry:
i've also heard arguments that marino shouldn't be in HOF, because he wasn't a team player! i don't know how many times he restructured his contract to get better players. i've seen him yell at other players, but what you don't see, is how many times he was on the sidelines laughing and joking with the same guy!HE WAS A COMPETITOR!

OMG no.

who could sanely argue against Marino going into the HOF.:confused:

It's supposed to enshrine outstanding achievements. Marino's stats are outstanding. Some may never be beaten. It has nothing to do with being a team player, even if it could be reasonably argued that he wasn't one.

Sounds to me like a case of right medicine, wrong dosage! :goof:

the argument against was............

marino wasn't a team player, he padded his stats at the expense of the team!

excuse me, i have to go take a shower now, i feel dirty writing that!:rolleyes:

Re: the argument against was............

Originally posted by dolfan06
marino wasn't a team player, he padded his stats at the expense of the team!

excuse me, i have to go take a shower now, i feel dirty writing that!:rolleyes:

I bet a Bills fan wrote it.

Offense:

1) Ricky Williams
2) Jay Fiedler
3) Chris Chambers

Defense:

1) Jason Taylor
2) Sam Madison
3) Zach Thomas

Back
Top Bottom