Who's your favorite 'flash in the pan' Phin | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who's your favorite 'flash in the pan' Phin

Wow, I think Frank-n-furter and Jaydog are a lot alike. They both went to HS in Gainesville, both likes the Canes and Fins, and both have posts that are a lot alike.

:confused: :rolleyes: :eek: :lol:

:monkey: Jaydog

Frank-n-farter:rocker:

:drinker:

;)

How about David Woodley?
I don't know if he was ever really good enough to be a flash, but we got to a super bowl with him, and after that his career never panned out.

Originally posted by inFINSible
:confused: :rolleyes: :eek: :lol:

:monkey: Jaydog

Frank-n-farter:rocker:

:drinker:

;)
Wow, haven't had my name spelled like that since I quit eatin a bowl of "Shotgun Willie's 4-alarm Chili" for breakfast. Yeesh!:goof:

well you have to admit,

Originally posted by Frank-n-Furter
Wow, haven't had my name spelled like that since I quit eatin a bowl of "Shotgun Willie's 4-alarm Chili" for breakfast. Yeesh!:goof:
its a classic!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by inFINSible
How about David Woodley?
I don't know if he was ever really good enough to be a flash, but we got to a super bowl with him, and after that his career never panned out.
now that Jay broke his QB rushing record he is barely a footnote, but I guess he fits in the one year wonder category like Del Williams as opposed to guys that fit into the 1 game wonders.

Re: i don't even want to hear the name woodley

Originally posted by dolfan06
i go to one superbowl and he loses it!:rolleyes:
nothing sticks out more about that game to me than McNeal missing that tackle on Riggins on 4 and 1 and Riggins getting the long TD.

Mental Note to self: add Riggins to list of top hated players ;)

Re: Re: i don't even want to hear the name woodley

Originally posted by dolphan39
nothing sticks out more about that game to me than McNeal missing that tackle on Riggins on 4 and 1 and Riggins getting the long TD.

Mental Note to self: add Riggins to list of top hated players ;)
i know that, but woodley choked so bad in the second half of that game, you could hear him gagging in the nose bleed seats!:yell:

Karim Abdul Jabbar...

... was my favourite "false dawn". He was what JJ seemed to think would help the Dolphins make it before the Dan retired. BIG disappointment.:cry:

Gotta be Mark Higgs. He was a little guy who played with a big heart.

Originally posted by Fiedler for MVP
troy stradford...broke out ina big way in that sunday nighter vs dallas only to disappear

I was at the game that pretty much ended his career (torn ACL vs Green Bay in 1989). Very quick and fast. He was an excellent receiver out of the backfield. Think he could have been an effective runner if we had any idea how to run block and didn't do the committee thing.

After he tore that ACL, he had one more season with the Phins. But we already had annionted Sammie Smith the starter.

Troy bounced around a few years after that and didn't do much.

Delvin Williams was a very good runner, but he got this sleep disorder that really screwed things up for him.

One of my favorites "flashes" has to be Troy Drayton. Homeboy sported serious measureables and potential. We trade for him in the middle of the season and he does pretty well. Follows up with a solid campaign in his first full season in Miami. Then...........he just kinda fades away, pissing us all off.

Another is WR Qadry Ismail. He was a serious deep threat and kick returner in Minnesota. Then we sign him and he does absolutely nothing. Does the same the following year in NO. Then he goes to the Ravens and explodes.

I don't know what that one qualifies as. Maybe not a "flash". But it was something. And it sucked for Miami. :)

Back
Top Bottom