wht about Kyle Orton? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

wht about Kyle Orton?

Al13 said:
the only thing i liked about him, although i only saw like 3-4 games from him, he has a rifle

well i have a shotgun:roflmao: :roflmao:

I think his arm is too weak. I have McPherson, Walter, Lefors and Greene as better prospects in the mid-rounds.

Hope we can take McPherson or Campbell (but not with the 2nd pick). Kyle Orton is very overrated and he faded badly in his senior year at Purdue after being the Heisman favorite.

Section126 said:
I would rather cut off my arms with a butter knife than have him in a Dolphin Uniform.

That is the most stupid post I have read since well, the last post of yours I read. The guy fumbled the ball a couple times this year and key moments and had an injury at the end of the year and he all of the sudden sucks. The fact that his TD to INT ratio is 6 to 1 doesnt mean anything right. You can say he is a system QB all that you want but the fact of the matter is no matter what system a QB is in he still has to make the throws. He may not be a #2 pick, but he is still a solid player that is going to help whatever team he goes to.

As I recall, another Purdue QB dropped on everyone's board a few years ago, and he turned out alright. Miami could have had Drew Brees in the first round that year and passed, picking a backup CB instead. Orton had his failings, but I'd take him in the 3rd round if he's available. Campbell is perfect for our system, though, since he can get knocked down like Fiedler and Feeley. For God's sake, the guy would probably get sacked twice and be on the sideline before he realized who he was supposed to throw to, at least according to the Wunderlic test.

That is the most stupid post I have read since well, the last post of yours I read. The guy fumbled the ball a couple times this year and key moments and had an injury at the end of the year and he all of the sudden sucks. The fact that his TD to INT ratio is 6 to 1 doesnt mean anything right. You can say he is a system QB all that you want but the fact of the matter is no matter what system a QB is in he still has to make the throws. He may not be a #2 pick, but he is still a solid player that is going to help whatever team he goes to.

I have to agree. Are Smith, Rodgers or any of the other QBs better?
They look pretty even from what I have seen. If Orton is overrated,
then what are Smith and Rodgers? No one knows how any of them
will fare in pro's. As I posted before, Marino was the 6th QB taken in 83.
How much more proof than that do you need that no team knows
wtf they are getting until they suit up and play.

Back
Top Bottom