Why absolutely nothing will happen until Draft Day | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why absolutely nothing will happen until Draft Day

Again, I'll use the eBay analogy

The first time I sold something on eBay, I posted a 10-day auction. Immediately after posting, I watched eagerly for a flurry of bids. Absolutely zilch happened, other than the views meter at bottom creeped up slowly. I was stumped and frustrated.

Five minutes before auction end 10 days later, the bidding amount soared, to a number I never expected to get!

The draft is not much different. Again, it's called a deadline. There are 31 other teams. It's not like Carl Petersen and the others have only one option. Just like eBay, you bookmark the item you're interested in and evaluate every listing. You isolate a few of them and try to get the best deal in the final minutes of bidding. There is absolutely no reason to believe any of these trade rumors two+ weeks ahead of time. The only way something gets done early is if one side is moronic and doesn't understand value, similar to an eBay seller who lists an absurdly low Buy It Now.

Rick Spielman is obviously not doing the trading, to my considerable relief. Otherwise, someone would have bought Surtain for a thumbnail several weeks ago.

Back
Top Bottom