Why are Fin's Meeting With Young? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why are Fin's Meeting With Young?

trainwreck

ALL PAIN, NO GAIN TRAIN
Reaction score
Found this on KFFL, seems kind of odd. Vince would NEVER last until #16.

Dolphins | Team looking to meet with V. Young
Sat, 25 Mar 2006 20:47:34 -0800

Alex Marvez, of the Sun-Sentinel, reports NFL draft analyst Gil Brandt, of NFL.com, said Saturday, March 25, on Sirius Satellite Radio the Miami Dolphins have scheduled a visit with University of Texas QB Vince Young in South Florida April 9 and 10. The Dolphins, who declined comment about Young, host about 20 to 25 college players on pre-draft visits. It still seems unlikely that Young would be available when the Dolphins select at No. 16.

all the teams met with Young except for 2.

I'm not so sure that Vince will be snapped up by the time the Dolphins pick. I cannot imagine them drafting him even if that happens, but why not take a meeting with the guy?

Finsletmedown said:
all the teams met with Young except for 2.

Really? I didn't know that. Seems like it would be a waste of time considering
the Fins pick at #16 and we don't have the ammo to move up.
They could be evaluating other talent.
Thanks for the heads-up though Finsletmedown.

He is gonna be terrible in the NFL he is gonna be another Andre Ware or even Kordell Stewart.

Flame said:
Not like it cost money or anything

Well, the plane ticket/ ride comes from somewhere, but to me its wasted time if there is no way you would pick that player.

trainwreck said:
Well, the plane ticket/ ride comes from somewhere, but to me its wasted time if there is no way you would pick that player.
Looks like we actually may be interested in Young.

It still seems unlikely that Young would be available when the Dolphins select at No. 16. But by lining up a pre-draft visit, it appears the Dolphins might ponder trading up to select Young if he slides like Green Bay quarterback Aaron Rodgers unexpectedly did in last year's draft.

Such a move wouldn't immediately impact Culpepper, as the Dolphins have shown they are willing to make a long-term commitment provided he can regain the form that made him one of the NFL's top quarterbacks in 2004. But it's understandable that the Dolphins would want to explore the option of selecting Young and grooming him for the future should the opportunity present itself.

SABANS SMART GAME PLANNING HE GETS TO KNOW THE REAL V YOUNG KEEPS IT ON FILE WE MEET AGAIN SOMEDAY ON OPPOSITE SIDES:evil:

Perfect23 said:
He is gonna be terrible in the NFL he is gonna be another Andre Ware or even Kordell Stewart.
I disagree
Im not a big fan of Vince Young but you cant ignore the fact the guy is a Winner and a great Leader..
You just cant pass on clutch guy with a 938. winning percentage

Perfect23 said:

Not that it means anything, but Kordell Stewart went to the Pro Bowl with Mularkey as his OC

Back
Top Bottom