Why are Jets fan so obsessed with the phins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why are Jets fan so obsessed with the phins

From TGG Gen NFL forums

clear.gif

hmm - that's more than I'm used to seeing, but one of those isn't about the fins and another is started by a fins fan. This site generally has at least 2 active Jets threads in the main Fin forum. You don't see that at TGG.

It took you 2 minutes to respond to this thread. Get a life.

I was here reading/responding to one of the Jets threads in your main forum. That's generally how message boards work - if you post, you check back to see if anyone responded.

If you don't like my postings feel free to ignore me, you have that function here last I checked. My life is just fine, thanks. Try posting something intelligent rather than hurling insults.

i thought this was covered in the last "why are there so many jets fans here" thread. WhiteShoeWillie and nyjunc give a non-homer view to Finheaven. This place would be real boring without them. Atleast they are more honest insightful opinion about what they think of the dolphins instead of the other jetards that come on this board still covered with Rex Ryans DNA spouting off at the mouth about how Sanchez can get hotter girls than Henne.
WhiteShoeWillie yes. NYJunc, no...

You guys are the ones who always start threads about the Jets.

Awww is that the worst we do BooHooWillie?

New Yorkers are so envious of Miami that they have to move out of their overpriced trash compactors for the warm sun and fun beaches of the greatness that is South Florida.

Sorry about the few threads we start here on FinHeaven.

:lol:

There are FAR more Phin fans posting on TGG than there are Jets fans posting on this board.

There are FAR more Phin fans posting on TGG than there are Jets fans posting on this board.

Speaking of obsessive Phin fans, we have this guy MARSHALL~LAW posting nonsense all over TGG today. He seems to like R&R Express so much that he is shamelessly ripping off his posts from this board.

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?p=1722359#post1722359

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/sho...-moves&p=1063458512&viewfull=1#post1063458512

Pretty sad, considering the original post that was plagiarized wasn't even insightful. Just a guess, but I'd say MARSHALL~LAW is emeraldfin.

Speaking of obsessive Phin fans, we have this guy MARSHALL~LAW posting nonsense all over TGG today. He seems to like R&R Express so much that he is shamelessly ripping off his posts from this board.

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?p=1722359#post1722359

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/sho...-moves&p=1063458512&viewfull=1#post1063458512

Pretty sad, considering the original post that was plagiarized wasn't even insightful. Just a guess, but I'd say MARSHALL~LAW is emeraldfin.

Wow, that is ripped off me...

That being said, how was that no insightful? Everything there is true, and if you weren't such a blind homer you'd realize that.

Wow, that is ripped off me...

That being said, how was that no insightful? Everything there is true, and if you weren't such a blind homer you'd realize that.

Everything there is blind and homeristic, the hopes of a rival fan.

Nobody knows how those players will fit into the Jets' scheme. Jets fans will say that LT isn't being brought in to replace Jones, which is correct - unless all of the work he has put in this offseason works out and he gains back some of the step that he had previously. Until such time, LT is the 3rd down back, responsible for dumpoffs, pass blocking, screens and spelling Shonn Greene - TJ's true replacement. That is the truth.

Brodney Pool is a coachable player, and is just as effective in coverage as Kerry Rhodes circa 2009. The Jets will take a mostly committee approach in the safety department this year until a true starter emerges. And that is a luxury that they can afford, because they made upgrades at cornerback. That is the truth.

Hope all you want about Cromartie being bad with the Jets, it just shows your ignorance about the skillset he provides to the Jets, and how badly he was used in San Diego. He may end up regressing when the Jets switch to zone coverage, but he didn't have a defensive guru like Rex to funnel attacks to the Jets' defensive strengths instead of their weaknesses when he was out west. The Jets will have run support on his side when he's being attacked in a short zone from the ground. More truth.

Biggest playmaker on offense? I loved Leon, but the guy was out for the majority of the season with a compound fracture and the Jets made it about a quarter and a half away from the Super Bowl without him. And now he's rehabbing, in hopes of actually making it to the regular season without being on the IR. Keeping Leon would have been a risk, and instead they traded him away for the best blocking fullback in the draft, and replaced him as a third runningback with a guy that's an excellent receiver out of the backfield with breakaway speed. You may think McKnight will do nothing in the pros, but I haven't seen you provide any intelligent argument as to why. Truth.

Jason Taylor, like LT, is being brought in as a rotational player. Jets fans don't view him as a dynamic pickup so much as just another small piece in the puzzle. He's not going to be a huge factor, but he will be able to rush the outside late in games where the Jets weren't able to maintain an outside rush in 2009 without overloading a side, and they couldn't do so when they had their 4th and 5th corners covering the 2nd and 3rd wideouts of the opposing team. Did I say truth?

You can homer it up all you want, but the Jets are very easily a stronger team than the one that played against the Colts in late January.

I'm also not saying that the Phins didn't have a solid offseason. I know how good Dansby is, I know how good Marshall is (for all of his off-field question marks) and I know that Nolan could very well surprise the league putting all of those defensive pieces in place. He certainly did it in Denver; at least early in the season. But some of the stuff I read on this board about the Jets, your post included, should be filed under the category of Wishful Thinking. Because until we see how they perform on the field, that's exactly what it is.

Everything there is blind and homeristic, the hopes of a rival fan.

Nobody knows how those players will fit into the Jets' scheme. Jets fans will say that LT isn't being brought in to replace Jones, which is correct - unless all of the work he has put in this offseason works out and he gains back some of the step that he had previously. Until such time, LT is the 3rd down back, responsible for dumpoffs, pass blocking, screens and spelling Shonn Greene - TJ's true replacement. That is the truth.

Brodney Pool is a coachable player, and is just as effective in coverage as Kerry Rhodes circa 2009. The Jets will take a mostly committee approach in the safety department this year until a true starter emerges. And that is a luxury that they can afford, because they made upgrades at cornerback. That is the truth.

Hope all you want about Cromartie being bad with the Jets, it just shows your ignorance about the skillset he provides to the Jets, and how badly he was used in San Diego. He may end up regressing when the Jets switch to zone coverage, but he didn't have a defensive guru like Rex to funnel attacks to the Jets' defensive strengths instead of their weaknesses when he was out west. The Jets will have run support on his side when he's being attacked in a short zone from the ground. More truth.

Biggest playmaker on offense? I loved Leon, but the guy was out for the majority of the season with a compound fracture and the Jets made it about a quarter and a half away from the Super Bowl without him. And now he's rehabbing, in hopes of actually making it to the regular season without being on the IR. Keeping Leon would have been a risk, and instead they traded him away for the best blocking fullback in the draft, and replaced him as a third runningback with a guy that's an excellent receiver out of the backfield with breakaway speed. You may think McKnight will do nothing in the pros, but I haven't seen you provide any intelligent argument as to why. Truth.

Jason Taylor, like LT, is being brought in as a rotational player. Jets fans don't view him as a dynamic pickup so much as just another small piece in the puzzle. He's not going to be a huge factor, but he will be able to rush the outside late in games where the Jets weren't able to maintain an outside rush in 2009 without overloading a side, and they couldn't do so when they had their 4th and 5th corners covering the 2nd and 3rd wideouts of the opposing team. Did I say truth?

You can homer it up all you want, but the Jets are very easily a stronger team than the one that played against the Colts in late January.

I'm also not saying that the Phins didn't have a solid offseason. I know how good Dansby is, I know how good Marshall is (for all of his off-field question marks) and I know that Nolan could very well surprise the league putting all of those defensive pieces in place. He certainly did it in Denver; at least early in the season. But some of the stuff I read on this board about the Jets, your post included, should be filed under the category of Wishful Thinking. Because until we see how they perform on the field, that's exactly what it is.

Fair enough. But I'll counter that with this.

Shonn Greene and Thomas Jones is still better than Shonn Greene and LT. A few good games from Greene does not mean he'll be good as a full time starter. Because until we see how they perform on the field, who knows. Also, Shonn Greene is injury prone, so whether he can last a full season as the starter is a question as well.

I don't think Pool is a bad safety, and he very well could be better than the underachiever Rhodes, but he still has a very serious concussion problem, and isn't anything really special. But until we see how he performs on the field, who knows.

Cromartie is still a one year wonder. Because until we see how he performs on the field, that's exactly what he is.

Obviously Washington may not come back strong from his injury, but until we see how he performs on the field, he was still your biggest playmaker on offense. McKnight never impressed me at USC. He's just another scatback.

JT started off pretty good last year, but wore down soon enough. He's washed up and until we see how he performs on the field, that's exactly what he is.

The Jets are very easily a stronger team? Well I'd say your running game regressed, which is very important for your team, and Sanchez could still very well suck, but until we see how they perform on the field, nobody knows ****.

If my post can be filed under the category of wishful thinking, then yours very well should be as well. Because until we see how they perform on the field, that's exactly what it is.

Awww is that the worst we do BooHooWillie?

New Yorkers are so envious of Miami that they have to move out of their overpriced trash compactors for the warm sun and fun beaches of the greatness that is South Florida.

Sorry about the few threads we start here on FinHeaven.

:lol:

I see that you failed to comprehend the fact that I was simply answering the question in the OP. If you guys didn't start so many Jets threads I wouldn't be here nearly as much - I'm not complaining, just providing an answer to the whiny OP.

btw, you can keep that heat down there, it's 85 up here and I'm sweating balls.

Fair enough. But I'll counter that with this.

Shonn Greene and Thomas Jones is still better than Shonn Greene and LT. A few good games from Greene does not mean he'll be good as a full time starter. Because until we see how they perform on the field, who knows. Also, Shonn Greene is injury prone, so whether he can last a full season as the starter is a question as well.

I don't think Pool is a bad safety, and he very well could be better than the underachiever Rhodes, but he still has a very serious concussion problem, and isn't anything really special. But until we see how he performs on the field, who knows.

Cromartie is still a one year wonder. Because until we see how he performs on the field, that's exactly what he is.

Obviously Washington may not come back strong from his injury, but until we see how he performs on the field, he was still your biggest playmaker on offense. McKnight never impressed me at USC. He's just another scatback.

JT started off pretty good last year, but wore down soon enough. He's washed up and until we see how he performs on the field, that's exactly what he is.

The Jets are very easily a stronger team? Well I'd say your running game regressed, which is very important for your team, and Sanchez could still very well suck, but until we see how they perform on the field, nobody knows ****.

If my post can be filed under the category of wishful thinking, then yours very well should be as well. Because until we see how they perform on the field, that's exactly what it is.

The only thing that can hold Shonn Greene back as a full time starter is injury. He is far and away a superior runningback to Thomas Jones in TJ's prime. He hits the hole much faster, keeps his feet moving after contact, and punishes defenders. Anyone seeing Thomas Jones run and then seeing Greene run - and knows anything about football - knows this for a fact. We upgraded at starting runningback. At 3rd down RB, the jury will be out. LT still has a good burst to the hole, and still has a nose for the endzone, and still has good hands out of the backfield. The only thing that will hold LT back as 3rd down back running behind that O-line is injury. And since Ronnie Brown is an injury waiting to happen, you might want to avoid casting stones from your glass house.

Brodney Pool has only 1 documented concussion. He has had a history of migraine issues, which display similar symptoms as concussion, which is why he got sidelined last season. I don't like the way he tackles head-first, but he has decent cover skills and shouldn't be as much a detriment as his predecessor, who refused to take calls from Leonhard and screwed up a lot of defensive plays because of it.

Yes, Cromartie has a lot to prove. I'm not going to argue against that. I'm optimistic about his chances with the Jets even though I wasn't a huge fan of the trade when it happened. He is easily an upgrade over Lito Sheppard, however, regardless of whether or not he regains his 2007 form. You can pretend that he sucked last year all you want, but even though he didn't rake in a ton of picks, QBs throwing in his direction had an average 70 QB rating. That's not too shabby for a non-tackling baby factory.

Leon was a great playmaker at times, but again - the Jets made it pretty damn far without him in 2009. His loss isn't going to hurt as much as you want it to.

LOL you love to throw around that 'washed up' tag. You wouldn't be using it about JT if he was still a Dolphin. He isn't going to be as worn out at the end of the season with the Jets because he's going to be used in rotation.

You hope the Jets' running game has regressed, but saying they have regressed before they even put on the pads is nothing but wishful thinking. Sanchez is definitely the x-factor. He could do well and just as easily have a sophomore slump. But I'll take my chances, considering what they were able to do with him as a rookie QB who didn't know the offensive line blocking assignments and wasn't advanced enough to recognize half the coverages he had thrown at him.

Abyzmul post that screenshot of Finheaven main forum having about 15+ Jets threads.

The only thing that can hold Shonn Greene back as a full time starter is injury. He is far and away a superior runningback to Thomas Jones in TJ's prime. He hits the hole much faster, keeps his feet moving after contact, and punishes defenders. Anyone seeing Thomas Jones run and then seeing Greene run - and knows anything about football - knows this for a fact. We upgraded at starting runningback. At 3rd down RB, the jury will be out. LT still has a good burst to the hole, and still has a nose for the endzone, and still has good hands out of the backfield. The only thing that will hold LT back as 3rd down back running behind that O-line is injury. And since Ronnie Brown is an injury waiting to happen, you might want to avoid casting stones from your glass house.

Brodney Pool has only 1 documented concussion. He has had a history of migraine issues, which display similar symptoms as concussion, which is why he got sidelined last season. I don't like the way he tackles head-first, but he has decent cover skills and shouldn't be as much a detriment as his predecessor, who refused to take calls from Leonhard and screwed up a lot of defensive plays because of it.

Yes, Cromartie has a lot to prove. I'm not going to argue against that. I'm optimistic about his chances with the Jets even though I wasn't a huge fan of the trade when it happened. He is easily an upgrade over Lito Sheppard, however, regardless of whether or not he regains his 2007 form. You can pretend that he sucked last year all you want, but even though he didn't rake in a ton of picks, QBs throwing in his direction had an average 70 QB rating. That's not too shabby for a non-tackling baby factory.

Leon was a great playmaker at times, but again - the Jets made it pretty damn far without him in 2009. His loss isn't going to hurt as much as you want it to.

LOL you love to throw around that 'washed up' tag. You wouldn't be using it about JT if he was still a Dolphin. He isn't going to be as worn out at the end of the season with the Jets because he's going to be used in rotation.

You hope the Jets' running game has regressed, but saying they have regressed before they even put on the pads is nothing but wishful thinking. Sanchez is definitely the x-factor. He could do well and just as easily have a sophomore slump. But I'll take my chances, considering what they were able to do with him as a rookie QB who didn't know the offensive line blocking assignments and wasn't advanced enough to recognize half the coverages he had thrown at him.

Sophomore slump? As awful as Sanchez is, I can't imagine how bad he'd be in a sophomore slump.

There's no point in arguing with you though. You say it's wishful thinking because no games have been played, yet go on to say how good some one is and how you upgraded, all the while not seeing any games yourself. You're a hypocrite, and a blind homer.

Back
Top Bottom