Why are some topics moved? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why are some topics moved?

Jimmy James

You sit on a throne of lies!
Reaction score
For a while now, it seems like the line for when to move topics to the various other forums and out of the main forum has been pretty much nonexistant. The moves seem kind of arbitrary at least to me, so I figured it might be good to raise the topic because I have an example involving two topics that implicate the Dolphins that were started just this afternoon and got disperate treatment.

First topic: 2006 Early Schedule
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=111509

This thread is about the Marlins having late season home and road games. It implicates the Dolphins because it is unlikely that the Dolphins would play at home on a weekend the Marlins have a series at home. It stayed in the main forum.

Second topic: Moulds Will Be Cut
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=111533

This thread starts with a quote from some reporter about how Moulds will be cut in the offseason and poses the question whether he would be a good player for the Dolphins to pick up. It was moved relatively quickly into the Beast forum.

My questions:
1) Were the decisions made to move one topic but not the other proper?
2) If they were proper, why were they proper?

I'll note now that I actually do moderation work on another site and understand that omissions are bound to happen. The reason I want to bring this up and discuss it is because I want to understand the rule so I can apply it in making my own topics on this site. Thanks to the moderator or moderators who answer.

I think it was just an error. Obviously shouldn't have been moved.

I've moved it back.

Muck said:
I think it was just an error. Obviously shouldn't have been moved.

I've moved it back.

Cool. That makes more sense. I've seen stuff like this in the past as you guys rush to parse things out (and I don't blame you for that, either). When I saw it again today, I figured it was time to ask and see if there was just a rule I didn't know of or something.

I have a question; what is the "public groups" box on my profile page for. When I inquery it I get told "there are no usergroups for you to join" What is it for?

cnc66 said:
I have a question; what is the "public groups" box on my profile page for. When I inquery it I get told "there are no usergroups for you to join" What is it for?

Basically we open the soup shop for the sole purpose of being able to say NO SOUP FOR YOU!!

It's a function we're not currently using. We don't have any public groups in play at this time. Only private (such as VIP).

Muck said:
Basically we open the soup shop for the sole purpose of being able to say NO SOUP FOR YOU!!

It's a function we're not currently using. We don't have any public groups in play at this time. Only private (such as VIP).

thanks Muck, I thought at first it was about "public" groups as in a Historic Preservation Board or Rivers Coalition Group and that kinda stuff.

Back
Top Bottom