Why are we so interested in Traylor when.... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why are we so interested in Traylor when....

Doktor Ivel said:
i dont know why we want this fat piece of crap.

clearly, a knowledgable football fan. Look at recent superbowl teams.. New England, always have had that great run stuffer.. (Traylor/wilfork/Washington) Carolina (Jenkins/buckner) Tampa bay (Mcfarland/Sapp) Baltimore ( goose/adams)

these are the unsung heroes that keep the big fellas off Zach Thomas and make Zach look like a hero. With crappy DT's Zach Thomas becomes mediocre.

We need to sign him as soon as possible. Need to get him on a plane to Miami to see what Saban has got coooking! We need him because if Chester is delayed in coming back, we know which I am sad to say Timbo won't be back with his back, then we will have no depth there what so ever. I just don't want to lose this big run stuffer! Git-R-Done Nick!

dolfanrodney said:
Traylor is a bull and would give us much needed depth and experiance at DT thats why.

exactly, hes huge, yes. but hes certainly more athletic than Chester. plus, hes gonna be in a rotation. he wont be playing every down unless chester or bowens go down. if they do, well, we got a guy who did very well in New England. i cant remember how many times ive heard announcers say how important he was to the Pats D

would i rather have a vintage D.. Gardner who can stuff the run and sack the Qb? of course, but so would every team. hes only gonna sign for one or two years anyway. i only see a positive here

The thing with Traylor is that when healthy he make others around him better. In run defense it takes a double team to move him, thus putting everyone else in one on one situations and giving them a chance to make a play. In a 3-4 he is the hog we need in the middle. A 3-4 is typically ran with two DE's who are 290+ lbs, and a MONSTER in the middle someone who can anchor down and force plays to move away from him. The thing that Zach needs to be great again is two DT's to take on blockers and funnel the play to him. That what happened when he was a Pro Bowler, he always seemed to be around the ball mainly because the defensive scheme funnels the plays to him.

Nicky Napoleon said:
The thing with Traylor is that when healthy he make others around him better. In run defense it takes a double team to move him, thus putting everyone else in one on one situations and giving them a chance to make a play. In a 3-4 he is the hog we need in the middle. A 3-4 is typically ran with two DE's who are 290+ lbs, and a MONSTER in the middle someone who can anchor down and force plays to move away from him. The thing that Zach needs to be great again is two DT's to take on blockers and funnel the play to him. That what happened when he was a Pro Bowler, he always seemed to be around the ball mainly because the defensive scheme funnels the plays to him.
Good points. This will also take some pressure of a new group working in the back field.

dominizzo said:
hes fat man i remeber when Da Bears had him and james FAt cat Williams that d was unstoppable and traylor is fat so he can clog
yep but hes fat and strong as heck. Hes purely a run stuffer just like timbo so its a good fit imo even if tim comes back.

dominizzo said:
hes fat man i remeber when Da Bears had him and james FAt cat Williams that d was unstoppable and traylor is fat so he can clog
I'm not sure how you can remember James Big Cat Williams playing on the Bears D, when he was their right offensive tackle during his entire time in Chicago. :)
The Bears did have Traylor teamed with Ted Washington for a couple of seasons and that was tough to run on when they were both healthy.

traylor would fit in perfectly!
RE - Taylor
DT - Traylor
DT - Carter
LE - Holiday
perfect mix of rush and pass defense

Back
Top Bottom