Why aren't you people giving Ogunleye any credit? Is taylor helping us win this year? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why aren't you people giving Ogunleye any credit? Is taylor helping us win this year?

juniorseau55

Go Fins
Reaction score
I believe I seen Jason Taylor being blown out a lot this year in single coverage. You guys keep talking about how he gets triple teamed, quadriple team and can go as far as being blocked by 9 people when its safe to say that he isn't playing like last year. If anything Adawale is enjoying a good year under the radar registering stops on the run and getting to the quarterback which is what counts more than saying he's been all alone when he sacks the qb since the rest of the team has to block Jason Taylor. Getting rid of him this off-season is probably a stupid move, when we can release a player that is filling up our cap with wasted talent that has underachieved in defense by having to hold their careers on their pro bowls that they have made. If anything before Adawale was injured in college, he was projected to be a top 32 pick in the draft because he had talent and he has obviously worked his way up in the nfl. It is irrelevant to even say that he isn't a good enough player because that's what it sounds like when you are playing under a superstar like taylor which is more widely known but the less thing you can do is admit to the fact that he is having a great season and really wants to earn his contract.

uhhh....i dont think youll get any argument about the fact that o-gun isnt holding his own. That actually, is the reason why everyone says we should trade him. Common belief says a Left side DE is easier to find/replace than Right. Makes sense really. But with that we place a 1st round tag on o-gun, if someone bites, which they likely would at that price, we get a new 1st rounder. If they dont, we still have him at a relativly cheap price. Of course we'll lose him after next season for sure if we dont give him money, being an UFA. But til then, lets hope he enjoys his stay.

Ogun has expleded since he's been here. I'd like to keep him and see what Bowens does.

I just hope that Ogunleye will produce the same way he's producing right now if we "promote" him and let Taylor go.

He could very well be another Perless Price type of player.

um...let Taylor go...c'mon wake up. That's not going to happen and if it does...that would be just plan stupid.

Taylor's sack totals are down from last year but...he does a lot of the little things that go un-noticed and he causes a lot of disruptions. Taylor's match-up will usually have a false start at least once a game...a 5 yards loss is almost as big as a sack. He tips balls and causes fumbles. He's solid. The only problem I have with Taylor is that at times he dissappears...especially in big games. But regardless...he is our best d-lineman and d-end.

Do you think O-gun would be as successful at he's been if Taylor was not here??? No way. I have been giving O-gun his due and I really hope that we can sign him to a contract extension...but I doubt it and he'll test the market. He's played awesome this year...and has improved every year.

GO FINS!!!

OGun has vastly outplayed JT all year. JT has been downright pitiful in terms of making plays when he has the chance.

:allhail: Ogun

Originally posted by dolphan39
OGun has vastly outplayed JT all year. JT has been downright pitiful in terms of making plays when he has the chance.

========================================
I agree 100%....

DE J. Taylor is all hype these days IMO. His reputation around the league as one of the best DE's in the NFL is a joke IMO. He's never dominant. He's rarely consistant, and he's way too nice for a DE IMO....

When was the last time you saw a DE sack the QB, and then help him back onto his feet?? Not only that, but to top it all off, he'll pat him on the a$$ in hopes of sending a message of some kind of encouragement???.....

Instead of supporting / encouraging opposing teams QB's after he sacks them, he should start thinking about supporting his own team for a change.....

The guy has turned into a cream-puff. He's got no nastiness, and I think that's one of the main ingredients to building a Pro Bowl caliber pass rush. Something this team seems to be lacking.....

He's like one of those one year on, one year off kind of guys, and that's not going to cut it anymore.....

PHINZ RULE!!!!:fire:

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Sal Lisitano
um...let Taylor go...c'mon wake up. That's not going to happen and if it does...that would be just plan stupid.

Taylor's sack totals are down from last year but...he does a lot of the little things that go un-noticed and he causes a lot of disruptions. Taylor's match-up will usually have a false start at least once a game...a 5 yards loss is almost as big as a sack. He tips balls and causes fumbles. He's solid. The only problem I have with Taylor is that at times he dissappears...especially in big games. But regardless...he is our best d-lineman and d-end.

Do you think O-gun would be as successful at he's been if Taylor was not here??? No way. I have been giving O-gun his due and I really hope that we can sign him to a contract extension...but I doubt it and he'll test the market. He's played awesome this year...and has improved every year.

GO FINS!!!

He would be as succesful, he's come into his own one on one. It is irrelevant to say that taylors presense in the field is making him a lot better when he is actually making plays when he has the chance like Dolfan said. It is smart to let him go to get more first round picks but if we want to rebuild our franchise to sign a player that is dominant in his position then we better stop paying those guys in defense the money that they have underachieved. Specially when he could be signed for less money for the youth that he has to provide for our defense.

Originally posted by dolphan39

Without a doubt.

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG

========================================
I agree 100%....

DE J. Taylor is all hype these days IMO. His reputation around the league as one of the best DE's in the NFL is a joke IMO. He's never dominatant. He's rarely consistant, and he's way too nice for a DE IMO....

When was the last time you saw a DE sack the QB, and then help him back onto his feet?? Not only that, but to top it all off, he'll pat him on the a$$ in hopes of sending a message of some kind of encouragement???.....

Instead of supporting / encouraging opposing teams QB's after he sacks them, he should start thinking about supporting his own team for a change.....

The guy has turned into a cream-puff. He's got no nastiness, and I think that's one of the main ingredients to building a Pro Bowl caliber pass rush. Something this team seems to be lacking.....

He's like one of those one year on, one year off kind of guys, and that's not going to cut it anymore.....

PHINZ RULE!!!!:fire:

I have no comments for most of your post but Taylor isn't doing anything this year to get to the quarterback. Our pass rush has been limited.

If we can re-sign Ogun, I have no problem trading JT if it means bringing in a big time QB.

how many false starts and holding penalties does JT get a game? he is awesome. i hope he can get to the QB some, but its only been 9 games.

The main problem that I've noticed in regards to Taylor's lack of sacks and QB pressures is the way that opposing tackles are playing him. If you focus on Taylor's pass rush you'll see, time and time again, that the Tackle is pushing him past the QB. Every team keeps using his quickness and speed to his disadvantage. They help out inside so he can't use the swim move after he fakes the outside rush. That leaves him running past the QB over and over and over again. All the QB has to do is step up and no more JT.

Originally posted by Gladsadmad
The main problem that I've noticed in regards to Taylor's lack of sacks and QB pressures is the way that opposing tackles are playing him. If you focus on Taylor's pass rush you'll see, time and time again, that the Tackle is pushing him past the QB. Every team keeps using his quickness and speed to his disadvantage. They help out inside so he can't use the swim move after he fakes the outside rush. That leaves him running past the QB over and over and over again. All the QB has to do is step up and no more JT.

When you're struggling you tend to rely on your strength, which his speed in Taylor's case.

He tries to outrush the tackle and like you said they use it against him.

He needs to either get stronger or simply mix up his technique enough to keep opposing tackles off balance. If you really think about the prototypical pass rusher today..it's still Strahan(10 sacks). Apparently, he has alot more strength than JT and he still has more than enough quickness and speed to hit the edge. Simeon Rice (11 sacks) also seems to be stronger even though he's only 13 lbs heavier. Maybe Taylor does need to add bulk (even though he may not be able to) to be considered an elite DE year in and year out.

Back
Top Bottom