why can't we see classic dolphin games | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

why can't we see classic dolphin games

ltfinfan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
im sorry but i am already wanting to see some football. i just wish they would show classic games all the way through. the nfl films shows are good but id like to see old games with all the commentary and all the extras especially dolphin games. does anyone know if their is anyway to get old games.

i firmly believe that this is the nfl's biggest missed opportunity right now. i would LOVE to see some of the classic games come out on dvd as im sure other fans would.

just a quick aside, a buddy of mine bought a tape of the dolphins-bears game from 1985 on ebay. the thing that most stood out to him watching the game was the crowd noise! it was unbelievable in the orange bowl. they actually stopped play a couple of times because the crowd was rocking so much! i have no idea where the passion went, but its pretty sad when we get more loud fin fans in arizona at a last second game, then we can in our own stadium. the philly game still makes me sick to my stomach, the chants for duce were the loudest thing there

too bad they don't package the season on dvd the way they do the televisoin shows. have all the games from that year on three or four dvds and sell them after each season i bet that would make alot of money. or even just pick a few of the best games from the season.

I agree, the NFL is missing the boat. Though there is a commercial right now where two guys are in a diner and they say "could you imagine if the NFL was on demand? Every play, every game..." and they name famous games. Then Franco Harris turns to them and says "The NFL's working on it right now".
It's an IBM commercial. I actually contacted IBM about it and what they were working on, but their plan is in such early stages that they didn't really know. (Or they wouldn't tell me)
Anyway, the NFL and NFL films are funny about their film. I would love to see them do what you guys are saying, package the games, but I don't know that they will. They like their hi-lite packages. But if you guys do some google searches, you will find sites where guys sell and trade tapes. I've done it. I just bought half the 1984 season, and I bought Super Bowls 7,8, the Bears '85 game, old playoff games, etc. They're out there. You just have to look.

uh-oh, don't dare mention that Miami's fans aren't passionate enough or loud enough... it gets a rise out of everyone.

I am from California so, I don't get to go to too many games in person, but from watching the games on DirecTV ticket at home, I am always disappointed in the lack of crowd noise at Dolphin Home games compared to the restt of the league, and even moreso with the amount of empty seats to "sold out" games. It is sort of sad.

But, the thing that pisses me off the most is when the VISITING team has more cheering going on than the Dolphins do in Miami. Hearing "J-E-T-S..." when playing the Jets or "Heeeeeaaaaaap" when we played the Ravens, was disgusting.

Originally posted by Bopkin02
I agree, the NFL is missing the boat. Though there is a commercial right now where two guys are in a diner and they say "could you imagine if the NFL was on demand? Every play, every game..." and they name famous games. Then Franco Harris turns to them and says "The NFL's working on it right now".
It's an IBM commercial. I actually contacted IBM about it and what they were working on, but their plan is in such early stages that they didn't really know. (Or they wouldn't tell me)
Anyway, the NFL and NFL films are funny about their film. I would love to see them do what you guys are saying, package the games, but I don't know that they will. They like their hi-lite packages. But if you guys do some google searches, you will find sites where guys sell and trade tapes. I've done it. I just bought half the 1984 season, and I bought Super Bowls 7,8, the Bears '85 game, old playoff games, etc. They're out there. You just have to look.

i am still waiting for our cable provider to get the nfk network

Originally posted by ltfinfan
too bad they don't package the season on dvd the way they do the televisoin shows. have all the games from that year on three or four dvds and sell them after each season i bet that would make alot of money. or even just pick a few of the best games from the season.

i've proposed that to the NFL on their website several years in a row now... with the NFL network they are taking steps in the right direction, but they are missing a HUGE $$ opportunity.... just sell the entire season's games on DVD!

they could make bank. i know i'd buy it.

-R

Originally posted by grooves12
uh-oh, don't dare mention that Miami's fans aren't passionate enough or loud enough... it gets a rise out of everyone.

I am from California so, I don't get to go to too many games in person, but from watching the games on DirecTV ticket at home, I am always disappointed in the lack of crowd noise at Dolphin Home games compared to the restt of the league, and even moreso with the amount of empty seats to "sold out" games. It is sort of sad.

But, the thing that pisses me off the most is when the VISITING team has more cheering going on than the Dolphins do in Miami. Hearing "J-E-T-S..." when playing the Jets or "Heeeeeaaaaaap" when we played the Ravens, was disgusting.

some fans are tired of 30 years of drought,

i am:(

sad, but true... i was heckled more in florida for showing dolphin pride than i do here in san antonio, and i'm in cowboy country.

Originally posted by ltfinfan

i am still waiting for our cable provider to get the nfk network

Me too. I send them letters every day. My only consolation is the four measly games I have on tape - 9/17/84 MNF against the Bills, 12/29/84 against Seattle, 1/6/85 against the Steelers (EXCELLENT game) and a DVD of Super Bowl XIX.

I'm ready for some football! Can't wait until August!

I hear ya man, I was at the Jet game this past year and the Jetfans were the ones making all the noise...pretty pathetic. The monday night game against Philly was even more shocking...After hearing those chants of "Duuuuuuuuuuce!", I had to check o ESPN if the game was at the Linc, or at JRS.

I agree about the NFL dropping the ball though, I'd love to get a couple games on DVD:

The Comeback Game
90-91 Divisional against Miami
Buffalo 51, Oakland 3 AFC Champ
Buffalo 34, Miami 31...1987 reg. season game..Norwood kicked game winner.
Superbowl XXV...yes it was heartbreaking, but a great game.
Buffalo-Miami AFC Championship
Buffalo-Cincy AFC Champ
KC-Buffalo AFC Champ
Miami-Buffalo WC(shula's last game)
Bills-Titans(forward lateral game)
Miami-Jax 1999

Back
Top Bottom