why cant we trade howard | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

why cant we trade howard

i offered it as a suggestion, i didnt say this is my rebuilding plan as its progressing on madden 2005. simply put, we are rebuilding anyway, why not alleviate the problem his place on the depth chart and current salary present. even if it means releasing him and signing another garbage type pete hunter for the dime cb role. howard was a decent starter on a superbowl team, someone would take a flyer on him for a late round pick, but again his salary presents the biggest problem. i wish we would just dump him now

Dolphalou said:
We would have a $750,000 of dead cap money this year if we trade/cut him ... and at $1,000,000 salary I don't think IMO we would have many trading partners ... even for a 6th or 7th.

So the real cost of keeping him this year is $250,000 that price is below minimum salary .. so why not keep him a year even if he is 4th DB.

Your numbers are only accurate if we CUT Howard. If we trade him, ALL remaining uncharged signing bonus accelerates into this year's cap. $3750000 worth. It will cost us more to cut Howard than to keep him...at least for this season.

thats the type of answer i was looking for, i dont know much of the cap, good research man

MARINO1384 said:
Trade him because he's getting paid way to much to be a backup. But who knows they haven't even pads so i'd wait.

This is kind of what I mean, who said he is 4th string? Saban does not talk about the team, I have heard no coaches say this.

Can we wait until preseason!

I think Howard is just one of those players that your stuck with

Nobody is going to trade for him so your coaches bassically have to decide if its worth keeping him on the roster or just take the cap hit and let him go and let a rookie get som time w/ the team

By the way how big is Howards cap number and how many years does he have left on his contract? Is it really that bad?

burger13 said:
This isn't Madden!!!

If a player is out of favor with the team because of lack of production, which is the case with Howard, then another team is not going to trade for him (Gerard Warren is the exception to the rule - but at least he has 1st round talent to go with his lack of production).

Lack of production??? Howard hasn't even played for this coaching staff yet. But you're right, at this point he's not trade bait, unless he goes back to Carolina. And how realistic is that??? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom