Why did ESPN mention Chad Jackson? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why did ESPN mention Chad Jackson?

phinfan27

Practice Squad
Reaction score
As a possible person to draft? We don't need a WR as our first pick. I didn't understand that perspective. I'm a big Gator fan, and he is really good but we don't need him.

Because Chris pulls a hammy we are done. Booker tweaks an ankle we are done. How is it hard not to understand getting a WR like Chad would make our O that much more deep and dangerous?

we're not ok at WR, we have no depth, and wes welker is our number 3... i mean i like wes ,but he shouldn't be our numbre 3 reciever...

because we have had more visits with him than any other player in the draft...

bigmiamifan said:
Because Chris pulls a hammy we are done. Booker tweaks an ankle we are done. How is it hard not to understand getting a WR like Chad would make our O that much more deep and dangerous?

Chad Jackson would not make this team any better..I just graduated from The University of Florida and Ive had the liberty of seeing him play and im still not impressed...i would like to get another receiver but not in the first round...

this has to be the worst receiving draft ever

We have two good starters and then a bunch of ?'s behind them. Welker is a decent WR but I don't think he's what Nick is looking for as far as WR Depth, Kelly Campbell could be a decent #3 but still have ?'s. Jackson could step in as a solid #3 and be a #2 or #1 if needed to step in and take that role.. We are not FINE at WR, granted, it's not out BIGGEST need either.

Saban is always saying that he is going to go after the player that adds the most to the team at the time. If it is a WR, then he will go after a WR... But this is all speculation, it's ESPN after all...

Things will become a lot more clear in the next few weeks in regards to where we go in the draft... IMO.

Elle Clouds said:
Chad Jackson would not make this team any better..I just graduated from The University of Florida and Ive had the liberty of seeing him play and im still not impressed...i would like to get another receiver but not in the first round...

The Dolphins don't need him to be a #1 receiver. We need him to be a #3 this year. He is much faster than Welker. Next year, if Booker can't restructure for less money, than he's cut and Jackson becomes a #2.

Since we have brought in him so much, I agree with Brother hdjetta,
we;'re not drafting him.

i would love for us to draft one of the top wideouts in the this draft, either holmes or Chad because I still believe saban can pull out another daniels in the 4th round etc

Elle Clouds said:

:rolleyes: Power of free speech I guess. One guy says CJ is exactly who/what we need, and someone else says he won't help us at all.

I don't follow college much at all, so what is the REAL truth?

As has been said, we do have a need at WR. Chambers is a given and Booker is a decent #2, but nothing after that so in 3 WR sets or if either got hurt . . . . well let's just say our passing game would be in serious trouble regardless the QB. I think they list Jackson because he's one of the top 2-3 WR's in the draft and he's from the same state. I personally think he'll be gone as Denver seems pretty set on him. But IMO I think Holmes is better and I think Nick likes him as well. We do have other needs as well, but if one of those two are still there and Nick thinks he can get a quality player in the 2nd in one of those other "needs" areas, he'll have to seriously consider one of these two because it really starts to get thin after them. Moss is OK, probably more of a kick/punt returner than a great WR and he'll not be there by the time we pick in the 2nd. Unless Nick has other F/A WR options, we have to get someone decent in the draft. I don't think we'll go DB if there's a top OLB, WR or OL in the first round at 16. Nick usually can find decent talent in the mid to late rounds at the DB position and I think he'll do that again this year.

thats why i really hope we trade down and get a 2nd..that way we can pass on wr in the first and pick one up who is still very good in the 2nd

Elle Clouds said:

I agree.. he is good but not that great. I mean, we obviously need WR's no doubt, but we need some other positions a lot worse than WR. Remember, McMichael isn't a WR but we have the ability to use him just as much.

Jackson probably won't be available to Miami at 16 anyway, look for Santonio Holmes at this spot. However, I am intrigued by Kamerion Wimbley, 6' 4" 245 who can run 4.65 40 as an OLB. Everything I've read about him said the same thing: great character and great work ethic. Could possibly be our guy.

Back
Top Bottom