Why did NE run up the scores last year???? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why did NE run up the scores last year????

shula_guy

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
The common belief seems to be that they were resentfull about getting caught cheating and wanted to rub everyones nose in their talent.

Maybe it was not about that at all. Maybe it was about an arogant QB and Wide reciever who wanted records and contract bonuses.

if I remember the press conferences, they pretty much said you have a problem, stop us. I also just think last year the Pats got a little too big headed.

What bothered me was going for it on 4th while up by a lot. I can deal with running up the score to an extent.

Personally I thought it was tasteless and not smart football but I did not think they did something wrong by doing it. I agree about the part of if you dont like it stop us. I just wonder if that was more about brady and moss then it was about crushing opponets.

All those times they were running up the score, they could have been giving Cassel valuable playing time. Serves them right - I'm over it. Every team deals with injuries, NE was ill-prepared for their biggest injury.

All those times they were running up the score, they could have been giving Cassel valuable playing time. Serves them right - I'm over it. Every team deals with injuries, NE was ill-prepared for their biggest injury.

I could not agree with you more. they could of been preparing cassle and at the very least evaluating him. It was bad coaching.

I guess the common thinking is "stop us if you don't want us to run-up the score." Though it really doesn't matter because they didn't win the SB. Regardless of what they did to other teams they're now going to be remembered as a choking team.

I think alot of organizations hold it against them for what they did and how they did it last year. They're still one of the best run teams in all of sports but I kinda expected them to do a fake kneel play last year and throw a td pass.

I remember something about points scored being one of the tie breakers.

The common belief seems to be that they were resentfull about getting caught cheating and wanted to rub everyones nose in their talent.

Maybe it was not about that at all. Maybe it was about an arogant QB and Wide reciever who wanted records and contract bonuses.

Who knows, but if you've got the talent, falunt it!

Really, I didn't care that they did that. I wish we could've done that to other teams instead we sucked.

Well, when Ronnie Brown was healthy we actually scored points and put up high scores but our defense allowed even more points than our offense scored.

Personally, I think it may come back to bite them this year, big time. I wouldn't be surprised to see someone try to hang 60 on them this year (and of course when they do you'll hear Patsy* fans whining about it and I"ll tell them what they told everyone else last year--"STFU" or "Waa, Waa, Waa"). I just hope it's the Bills that do it.....

When, as the late great Chick Hearn would say: "the game's in the refrigerator, the lights are out.............." it was an irresponsible disservice to the team, their fans and to Kraft's business organization, for Belicheat to keep his first units on the field tempting unnecessary injuries. (especially when facing frustrated, humiliated and irate defenders).

Essentially what it boiled down to was "punishing" the league for having the audacity to sanction him for cheating. Whether it's perfectly fine or not to run up the score, it's way too much risk for virtually no gain and as such, bad coaching.

Back
Top Bottom