Why did NE run up the scores last year???? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why did NE run up the scores last year????

When, as the late great Chick Hearn would say: "the game's in the refrigerator, the lights are out.............." it was an irresponsible disservice to the team, their fans and to Kraft's business organization, for Belicheat to keep his first units on the field tempting unnecessary injuries. (especially when facing frustrated, humiliated and irate defenders).

Essentially what it boiled down to was "punishing" the league for having the audacity to sanction him for cheating. Whether it's perfectly fine or not to run up the score, it's way too much risk for virtually no gain and as such, bad coaching.

Tell that to the jets which had a comfortable 34-0 lead today to start the second half and watched it begin to evaporate during the third qtr. Its been my belief that Belichick wasn't "punsihing" the league if anything he was sending a message to the media who quickly jumped to the conclusion they had only won because of those tapes. Since none of the tape last season was ever used from game 1 and the practice was haulted he was showing the media they could win convincingly without any taping. One thing I've learned about belichick and he's always been that way is he despises the media and the sensationalizm they try and create by twisting words to sell print. He's always kept a tight lid on player interviews.

Tell that to the jets which had a comfortable 34-0 lead today to start the second half and watched it begin to evaporate during the third qtr. Its been my belief that Belichick wasn't "punsihing" the league if anything he was sending a message to the media who quickly jumped to the conclusion they had only won because of those tapes. Since none of the tape last season was ever used from game 1 and the practice was haulted he was showing the media they could win convincingly without any taping. One thing I've learned about belichick and he's always been that way is he despises the media and the sensationalizm they try and create by twisting words to sell print. He's always kept a tight lid on player interviews.

Say what you want, going for it with 3 or 4 mins left with a 28 point lead is crap. If the Dolphins would of kept trying to score on you guys two weeks ago there would of been crying. We had the ball at mid field with 8 minutes left and ran it. Then had the ball again and ran it with Henne and Patrick Cobbs. What the pats did was classless. Karma is a *****, Brady is out because of it.

Because they wanted EVERY RECORD that could be had, so Billy's team would go down in history as the greatest NFL team ever.
HAHAHA didn't happen!

Also I would like to add that by doing that (running the score up) they didn't give their back ups the reps that would've had them more prepared for this year.

The common belief seems to be that they were resentfull about getting caught cheating and wanted to rub everyones nose in their talent.

Maybe it was not about that at all. Maybe it was about an arogant QB and Wide reciever who wanted records and contract bonuses.
They embarrassed the Bills with a run up on national TV last year as one of the teams that they "were to make their point" against.

Kharma's a double-edged sword.

Word has it that the Bills have that date with NE penciled in red and want a little payback.

A pound of flesh if you know what I mean.

Didn't they do it to Miami too?

If so, don't worry. You'll be better than them someday. And stuff like that carries with it long memories.

You'd be amazed at how pissed off the Bills are about that crap.

Now you're back to earth, playing a pissed off team this year that wants to take off a player's head.

Now I'm not sanctioning injury, but I think the passionate hatred by that Bills squad will inadvertently lead to one of your players being carted off in an ambulance.

Payback's suck. I'm sure you were laughing about it last year. I'll be back to laugh this year.

You have my word.

Back
Top Bottom