Why did the Patriots dump Moss? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why did the Patriots dump Moss?

PHANTASTIC 13

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Why did the Patriots dump Randy Moss? Could it be because...

The Patriots are the ideal landing spot for Jackson. Granted, the Chargers would hate to trade away their star receiver to a conference rival, especially considering the two teams play each other on October 24th. However, the Patriots are now devoid of a big, downfield threat and Jackson would be the perfect fit. After all, what’s the best way to replace a speedy 6’4 receiver? With a 6’5 receiver of course.

The Patriots have plenty of assets including two first round picks and two third rounder’s. This morning a fellow Bleacher Report writer suggested Belichick had intentionally blocked Jackson’s trade to the Vikings, and the idea is certainly interesting.

Jackson would likely require a long term extension before agreeing to a deal, and the Patriots would be far more likely to pay a 27-year old Jackson than a 33-year old Moss. New England would be a perfect fit for Jackson. Only time will tell if Patriots management feels the same way.
Uh oh!

i dont see it happening because he would want a lot of money, plus he would still need to serve a 3 gm suspension whenever he reports.

I wouldn't mind Vincent Jackson in a Dolphins uniform..could you image 6'4" Brandon Marshall on one side and 6'5" Vincent Jackson on the other? That would be incredible...a quarterbacks dream receiving duo for sure...think about the possibilities. Niiiiiiiiiiiicccceeeeee!!!

I wouldn't mind Vincent Jackson in a Dolphins uniform..could you image 6'4" Brandon Marshall on one side and 6'5" Vincent Jackson on the other? That would be incredible...a quarterbacks dream receiving duo for sure...think about the possibilities. Niiiiiiiiiiiicccceeeeee!!!
it would be , but there is no way it would happen. its not even worth discussing. there is a better chance we would sign someone like moss next off season if he hits the free agent market than trade for VJ since he will want a lot more money

We need a spark right now and it would also help cripple the Patsies chances this year as well. You know Belicheck wants him and is probably negotiating with the Chargers right now. I mean, what does he have left if Wes Welker gets hurt...nada!

We need a spark right now and it would also help cripple the Patsies chances this year as well. You know Belicheck wants him and is probably negotiating with the Chargers right now. I mean, what does he have left if Wes Welker gets hurt...nada!
again, its the money it would cost them and the pats don't believe in giving players big money. also, he is suspended for 3 games whenever he reports.

Don't get me wrong...I like Randy Moss, but he is getting up there in age, whereas Vincent Jackson is in his prime right now...which is probably what Belichick is thinking.

We can wait out the three game suspension and have him for the stretch run...no problem.

IMHO
1. Pats don't want Jackson
a.Not wasting Picks
b.Don't need him
2. Weren't planning on resigning Moss.
3. Got a Pick
4 Don't need Him
5 Randy's track record has shown once it heads this direction it is over. Randy not happy Randy not Good.
4. Don't need him. Got Brady

We can wait out the three game suspension and have him for the stretch run...no problem.
well say theoretically we would trade for him tomorrow. that would mean that he would miss the packers steelers and Bengals. i mean look, i would love him on our team, but if you were here in the off season, this topic about getting Vincent Jackson has been talked to death about. its not gonna happen.

Bet the Raiders are real Happy with the Seymore Deal too. LOL bye bye top 10 pick. Pats got it figured out, no doubt!!!!

I've heard many reasons why this won't happen. Jackson is one substance abuse violation away from a one year vacation and would want Marshall money so between him and Tom Brady your talking lots of cap money. I just think Belechick wants to re-load via the draft, period. They dumped Moss because he was going to be a biatch about his contract situation and they probably had just about no intention of signing him long term regardless of what he does in 2010. They probably figure they may as well get a guarenteed 3rd rounder for him. I read today the Pats are going to a 2 TE base set now.

I hope that one day we will realize that trading picks away does not build and continue to build a team. Marshal was a real need so I am not to bent about that. But another high paid WR is not what we need. Chargers want a 7th OK we don't use them anyway. LMAO

Back
Top Bottom