Why did we get rid of Chris Hanson a couple years back | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why did we get rid of Chris Hanson a couple years back

Jaj

What you say?
Reaction score
He is a very good young punter. He was with us in 2000. Why in the world did we get rid of him?

Crickets.

Look at his stats now. Pretty damn good and he is accurate.

That is like asking....why did we let go of Brian Walker...he is a darn good SS. Or why did we let go of Trace Armstrong.

Both were way older than Hanson and are those two as good as Hanson at their positions. It was not for cap reasons we gave him up.

He tore his ACL in the NFL Europe that year. Never even played a preseason down for us. And we had Matt Turk.

Thanks Muck. Wow how much more would anyone want Hanson over Turk now.

Jaj I bet if you re-lived back then you would be saying THANK GOD we signed Turk and say "LET'S CUT HANSON!"

Lovely statement. This statement leads to me to say that we should not let Stemke escape.

We shouldn't. Stemke is a solid Punter and a young one at that. We could solve our Punter problems by keeping him on our team for a few years. If It was up to me I would keep one to hold and one to punt. I really really like Stemke.

That could never work. That roster spot could be used better at keeping Simmons possibly.

Simmons is a lock on this team. I saw cut another LB and keep Stemke...what is better a backup LB or a Punter who would be our starter next year and for a few years after that?

Another LB, since holders are not as hard to find as the infamous LS.

Back
Top Bottom