Why did we have to play 2 games in 4 days?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why did we have to play 2 games in 4 days??

Ducken

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
It just put 2 & 2 together and now I am woundering why the NFL had us play 2 games in 4 days. One would think if they were going to do that to the Fins it would have been on national TV (both games) a monday and Tursday night game?:confused: :fire:

Originally posted by Ducken
It just put 2 & 2 together and now I am woundering why the NFL had us play 2 games in 4 days. One would think if they were going to do that to the Fins it would have been on national TV (both games) a monday and Tursday night game?:confused: :fire:

I'm not a 100% sure but I think the Bucs game was moved to a MNF game because the NFL wanted the Fins on National TV. Maybe it has something to do with Ricky W. :confused:

The first two games are just for evaluating talent and getting into the swing of things, we'll see how the team stands against Houston when the starters play more. The Fins have ten days to get it together, they should be better prepared, I hope. :rolleyes:

The Jets-Steelers game was origainally scheduled for Monday Night. The Pirates also had a baseball game that night, and although the Pirates and Steelers play in different stadiums, they share the same parking lot. So the NFL switched the game with the Dolphin-Bucs game, that was originally scheduled for last Thursday. The Dolphins would have rescheduled the Saint game, but the Marlins have Pro Player tied up this weekend.

Just another reason not to miss Baseball when it's gone.

Just another reason not to miss Baseball when it's gone. [/B][/QUOTE]

I have come to the point with baseball and all of its' bullsh*# that the whole sport on a professional level can completely disappear for all I care. Being an ex Tigers fan It's a complete waist of time to even hope for any kind of success due to baseballs economic structure, and I hate the Marlins playing at PPS. :fire:

:calm: Anyway, thanks for clearing up the Fins 2 games in a four day stretch.

I am glad to see it was atleast non an intention deal, just conflict of scheduleing.

Just another example of "Big Brother" screwing things up. Until this season, teams themselves handled their preseason scheduling. And things were just fine.

But now, Big Brother NFL decides they're going to handle it all. And right off the bat, you get this garbage. We pretty much lost a week of work because of their little "scheduling conflict".

Hey, now that I think about it... will they cover up the infield for the Dolphins games if Baseball goes on strike???

They should, I think thats pretty dangerous to have bare ground like that......

In a way, it's the Dolphins' own myopia that's caused this. They built PPS in mind for baseball because it was the only way to make PPS work financially. At the same time they proposed PPS, the City of Miami floated a referendum to build a baseball stadium, against which the Dolphins lobbied very heavily. Most of this is because they didn't want to play in the Orange Bowl which was renovated a few years later anyway. Most real football fans would trade PPS's luxuries for the OB's atmosphere and "rockability" any time.

Just think: if the Dolphins had never proposed to build PPS, they would be in a renovated OB with all it's power, the Marlins would be playing in their own stadium, and there would no scheduling conflicts.

Unfortunately, businesspeople and politicians tend to be very short-sighted in their perspectives.:o

The OB is kind of a pain in the ass to get to. And it atin't in the greatest neighborhood. But it does rock!!

Originally posted by Muck
The OB is kind of a pain in the ass to get to. And it atin't in the greatest neighborhood. But it does rock!!
it's great that the OB is still around. I cannot think of another stadium that a pro team left and was not torn down if you do not include the Colusium or Rose Bowl ;)

I don't think that it's any worse than PPS; besides you can walk from the Civic Center station. Yeah, it's not in the greatest neighborhood, but it's safe. You don't really hear of a lot of crime going on, it's pretty much working class.

if its a big game, the rose bowl is a pain in the ass. when i went to the rose bowl game between washington and michigan, we watched the the first half of the orangebowl on TV, then left. parking is the pits!

Back
Top Bottom