Why did we take Roth? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why did we take Roth?

You'd be surprised how many times a guy is drafted in this league at a position where there is a solid player there already, and it isn't long before the player is very productive.

He's not only the BPA, but he is also a guy who will get lots of playing time. Saban believes he's big enough and strong enough to play DE in a 3-4 set up. But, how's this for a front 4 on 3rd down and long:

DE - Roth

DT - Carter

DT - Holliday

DE - Taylor

Four penetrating, solid pass rushing players. He'll get plenty of PT, if he plays to his potential. And, the other guys are getting older.

You just have to go with the best player at a position. That's the way you make your team stronger.

The guy is incredible. Hopefully he and Crowder are the next Thomas/Taylor duo.

How about this:
TWO PASS RUSHERS ARE BETTER THAN ONE!
Why is this so difficult?
:confused:

roth is gonna be everyones ffavorite dolphin real soon
kids a monster go to miamidolphin.com and read his bio:cool2:

If you seen him play at the Senior Bowl you know why Saban took him...
The guy was a monster at the Senior Bowl he couldn't be blocked by anyone...

Realy like Roth and our DL is improved over last year:

DE starters Taylor & Holliday/Roth, backups Holliday/Roth & D. Bowens
DT starters Carter & Chester/T. Bowens, backups Chester/T. Bowens & Zgonina

Would have liked a young DT which is still possible in the 7th, but DT class is weak and can't have everything with 6 picks.

He seems to have the intensity of Howie Long. I like that. If I'm David Bowens, I'm worried about my security on this team.
PFT is trying to stir things up by suggesting that the Roth acquisition is a sign that JT's future here isn't so secure.

the guy is an absoulute Monster on the field and will not stop till the play is over, i heard from someone who was covering the Draft that saban was absoulutley in love with him. Thats why we picked him

Keebler229 said:
I think hes a great player, but why did we take a DE in the 2nd round? We have Taylor and we got Holliday and Carter in free agency. so why would we need another DE? i think we could have used that pick somewhere else. someone explain to me why we got him and tell me if you agree
Roth may just start for us at DE as a rookie. Think AJ Duhe only bigger and Faster. He's got that kind of play...IMO

DOLFANMIKE said:
Roth may just start for us at DE as a rookie. He's got that kind of play...IMO

More speculation. Can't have that around here!

MikeO said:
More speculation. Can't have that around here!
LOL. Mike...speculation and opinions are all good on a team message board! But speculating that places blame on an individual without having the facts crosses the line.

C'mon..lets have a Dolfan group hug. We had a great draft and there's lots of good stuff to discuss.

Roth will compete with Holliday at DE. With Holliday not being a sure thing Roth is a great pickup. If anything he could rotate with Holliday to keep the line fresh and rested. Also note that he did play Linebacker at one point so his versatility is good. I think your starting to see the switch to 3-4 with us putting in key players that can play that position, not saying thats what we will do but I can see it happening if not alot this year then next year.

DE: Roth

DT:Chester/Bowens

DE: Carter/ Holliday

OLB: Taylor/ Moore

OLB: Thomas/Pope

OLB: Crowder/Jenkins

OLB: Spragens/Seau

Back
Top Bottom