Why Do Dolphins Lack Identity? Because They’ve Turned This One Star Into A Missing Person | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Do Dolphins Lack Identity? Because They’ve Turned This One Star Into A Missing Person

Marshall Faulk my ***!

That's why the offseason is best avoided these days. Writers have too much space to fill on the internet and it leads to nonsense like comparing Kenyan Drake to Marshall Faulk, who was so awesome he was nationally famous very early in his freshman season at San Diego State.

In the old days believe it or not the NFL was not year long obsession. Luther Evans covered football for the Herald then shifted to horse racing in the spring. Gary Long covered the Dolphins for the Herald then took over the auto racing beat until the following fall.

Nowadays we've got internet-based writers who have to draw clicks and followers and hence they have to pretend OTAs actually mean something. That's where you get pictures like Devante Parker airborne and supposedly representative of everything to follow.

Gase seems to hate RBs. He never likes to run the ball. Even then, we have a finesse O-line who can't run block.

I heard something about Drake being aggravated, trouble brewing? Starting to wonder if Gase can’t handle certain types of egos

Jokes.

No one here ever believed he played at a pro bowl level........ever.

Glad you speak for everybody.

And I disagree . . .he absolutely was playing like a top 3 center earlier in his Dolphins career before he had the hip issues. Considering he did this with Dallas Thomas and whoever else flanking him makes it all the more impressive.

But of course he no longer wears aqua and orange so it doesn’t matter to you anyways.

I’d put this kid on the trade block while the perception might still be higher than reality.

cause he looks like a guy that belongs in a shared backfield as the 2nd option

You guys amaze me. The guy didn't forget how to run. Don't you remember when we had Ricky and the line sucked he would take the handoff and literally have a guy right in his face in the backfield. The same thing is happening with Drake / Gore. It's the line!!!

I think a big part of why he looks like crap right now is that the entire offense looks like crap.

So Drake got stopped for no gain for the first few plays the last couple of games. I dare Gase to run the ball 3 times in a row on an opening drive. He wants a physical team, then design some successful blocking schemes and run a balanced offense instead of this ticky tacky crap. No opening drive TD in 14 games. Last year we averaged 2.7 points in the first quarter. First team didn't get in the endzone this pre season until the 3rd game. It's a long season, I hope the Dolphins are ready to grind the ball down the field because Gase is going to get Tannehill killed if he doesn't balance the offense.

Drake is a guy with a history of injuries. Running him into the ground just for the sake of touches is not the wise way to play him. We need him for the entire year. When we need to grind out yardage, we have Gore. When we need explosive plays, we have Drake. We need them both healthy through the end of the season and into the (hopefully) postseason. I'm fine with Gase's approach to using Drake sparingly and to optimal effect.

Back
Top Bottom