why do i care more about the heat then the dolphins all of a sudden is it just me ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

why do i care more about the heat then the dolphins all of a sudden is it just me ?

nasty

Rookie
Reaction score
ive always loved the heat but i loved the dolphins much more but lately the miami heat is on my mind more another thing why is the season taking so long to start it feel's like years already.

Short answer: because the Heat are actually doing something and the Dolphins are not.

The draft has come and gone, mini camps have even come and gone, and now we're just waiting for training camp to begin. This is the taint of the off season. It just so happens that during that time, the Heat made NBA history with their off season maneuvers.

It has a lot to do with the fact that you're a true South Floridian. You live there. You understand the culture of the city. It's a city that embraces stars, parties, celebrities, rock God's, millionaires, as well as glitz and glamor. Right now, the Heat have all of these. The Heat have transformed into everything that the city embraces and it's appealing to the locals.

The Dolphins aren't glitz and glamor. This Dolphins team reminds me of a Pittsburgh team. They're not flashy. They're hard working. They claw and they fight. Never out of it. Never quit. They'll get in your face and we don't have one guy on the team that's some kind of national icon like Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. This team isn't appealing to the city but it's all about the guys behind the curtain. These are the types of teams that Parcells likes to build and they WIN.

Marshall isn't a superstar on a national level. He certainly has the ability and the skill set but he was tucked away in Denver for a while. He wasn't a first round pick and he went to UCF so he wasn't seen at the college level either. Marshall will continue to get his name out there.

But once major difference you have to understand about the NFL and the NBA is that the NBA is a showman's league. It's the ultimate individual team sport if that makes sense. The NBA does a better job than any other league at marketing their players individually. They don't wear helmets and pads. They play A LOT more games than NFL teams do so they're exposed more to the public eye. It's easy to see their face and recognize them. Miami is a star struck city and now you're bringing in three big time NBA superstars?

It's going to generate a great deal of buzz.

yea but any real nfl fan knows who b marsh is also ricky willams and ronnie brown even dansby.

"Real" NFL fans are about 10% of fan population. There's a lot more casual fans out there than the "real" fans.

I think CK summed it up perfectly. It's a slow time for football while the Heat just recently made big moves. But for the most part, nobody cares about the NBA anyways.

For now, there isn't much going on in the NFL because camp hasn't started and the draft has come and gone. So people are going to talk about the big thing, which happens to be the Heat.

Back
Top Bottom