Why do I get the feeling that... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why do I get the feeling that...

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
During the game tonight, some of us will be listening to the game via radio, and some will be keeping track of the stats on NFL.com and neither of those groups will get a very good idea of where our offense or offensive players stand...

I mean, I'm talkin on the radio you hear the offense not scoring, a completed pass here, an incomplete here, lots of punting, some runs that go somewhere, most that go nowhere...

...and on the stat tracker on NFL.com you see Fiedler stats that look like 4 of 9 for 40 yards and 0 TDs/INTs...with Feeley stats that look like 5 of 10 for 39 yards and either 1 TD or 1 INT...

...a halftime score that looks like 9-3 or 7-0...

...and running stats that look like Minor 4 runs for 10 yards, Morris 5 runs for 13 yards, and like, Fred Russell with 3 runs for 26 yards.

If anyone gets to watch things LIVE I envy you because you might ACTUALLY be able to glean some pertinent things...

But basically what I'm saying is for the rest of us I doubt there's going to be any major happenings tonight that lead us to believe one thing or the other on the Fiedler/Feeley issue, on the Newson issue (3 catches for 25 yards), or the RB issue.

So I guess, we should probably all try and refrain from trashing the team or praising them too much until we see the tapes...but even so.

I get depressed even thinking about it, lol

gametime

The game is going to be on tv though isn't it?? I know I read it was sold out and it wasn't going to be subjected to black out.

miafinsfan said:
The game is going to be on tv though isn't it?? I know I read it was sold out and it wasn't going to be subjected to black out.

Thats just for miami

miafinsfan said:
Some of us don't live in Florida, so all we can do is listen to the game on the internet and/or check the stats on NFL.com.

Don't look at the score for thsi game. The only thing to watch is the o-line.

You can't even judge the QB's in this game because the WR's are all sitting. If the oline can pass block halfway decent, then this game was a success.

I don't care if we lose 44-0 or win 44-0. Because the guys playing won't be playing when it counts at WR, RB, and so on and so forth.

You can't even judge the QB's in this game because the WR's are all sitting. If the oline can pass block halfway decent, then this game was a success.

Thats relative though. If one of the QBs (particularly Feeley) does really well tonight we'll ALL judge based on the performance, and if they don't we'll excuse because of the WRs. I expect Feeley to do well whether the WRs are Chambers and Derrius, or Newson and Simmons. I expect him to handle the offense well too, making the offensive calls in enough time to get the snap off, and not fumbling snap exchanges, or fumbling the ball, and hopefully not taking sacks (although that tends to happen to him) and I do expect him to put the ball into the endzone at least once.

Lets hope he doesn't disappoint me.

I'm getting the game on my dish via Ch. 4 local TV. How can I help you?

I guess give us your thoughts. What I would say is I guess, look at the stats at halftime or something on the NFL's website, then give us a commentary of whose stats are misleading, whose are pretty much dead on, etc. Like if Morris has 6 runs for 20 yards you could be like "Those stats are misleading because the OL blocking on two of those runs let two defensive linemen in that engulfed him as soon as the ball was handed to him." etc.

I think people would especially like an explanation of Fiedler and Feeley's stats. :)

From what I've read, how the back-up WR's play will determine Spielman's strategy for signing a new WR.

I'll be listening on-line and hope that the announcers don't preach to the doom-and-gloom crowd. I'm expecting the worst from them.

ckparrothead said:
During the game tonight, some of us will be listening to the game via radio, and some will be keeping track of the stats on NFL.com and neither of those groups will get a very good idea of where our offense or offensive players stand...

I mean, I'm talkin on the radio you hear the offense not scoring, a completed pass here, an incomplete here, lots of punting, some runs that go somewhere, most that go nowhere...

...and on the stat tracker on NFL.com you see Fiedler stats that look like 4 of 9 for 40 yards and 0 TDs/INTs...with Feeley stats that look like 5 of 10 for 39 yards and either 1 TD or 1 INT...

...a halftime score that looks like 9-3 or 7-0...

...and running stats that look like Minor 4 runs for 10 yards, Morris 5 runs for 13 yards, and like, Fred Russell with 3 runs for 26 yards.

If anyone gets to watch things LIVE I envy you because you might ACTUALLY be able to glean some pertinent things...

But basically what I'm saying is for the rest of us I doubt there's going to be any major happenings tonight that lead us to believe one thing or the other on the Fiedler/Feeley issue, on the Newson issue (3 catches for 25 yards), or the RB issue.

So I guess, we should probably all try and refrain from trashing the team or praising them too much until we see the tapes...but even so.

I get depressed even thinking about it, lol
What really sucks for me in Pensacola is I looked forward on Sunshine Network & Florida Sports South and neither of them have the game list on tape delay though Wednesday of next week. But for some dumb reason they will show freakin college football games from 5 years ago! UGH!:fire:

Dajesus posted a while back about putting the games up for download. I'll be checking in after I get back from the movies tonight to see if he has.

That would be incredible. Do you think the file size would be reasonable enough (maybe minus commercials and extra footage)? I'd guess around 500MB?

WOOHOO I SURVIVED HURRICANE CHARLIE IN O-TOWN AND HAVE A GENERATOR TO WATCH THE GAME. WE'RE WITHOUT POWER FOR 2 TO 4 DAYS.:shakeno:
MY WHOLE NEIGHBORHOOD IS JEALOUS:roflmao:

** CHEERS TO MINOR/MORRIS DRILLING AND , AND , OH WHATEVER ITS DOLPHIN FOOTBALL, WHO CARES :yell: CHEERS!!!!!!! TO ALL OF YOU!!!!:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

VanDolPhan said:
Dajesus posted a while back about putting the games up for download. I'll be checking in after I get back from the movies tonight to see if he has.
That's a big n no and if anyone from teh NFL finds out he is gonna get yanked. Not saying I agree, but there was a gentleman in FL who had a Dolphin page I use to visit, he had made mpeg clips of every significant player and good plays for almost every game in 2002. Last year when I went to chek out some old footage he had a disclaimer saying the NFL came after him for copyright. (this is on every NFL broadcast, you know, the part where they have a collage of past and present players and say "This presentation is a product of the National Football League and cannot be rebroadcast, copied, ...yadda yadda")

Back
Top Bottom