why do people what ricky to fail? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

why do people what ricky to fail?

DonShula84 said:
I want him succeed because then he will have more value and we can trade him for more.
He's never going to have adequate trade value compared to what he is worth. Everytime we try and deal him (if indeed that happens) teams will question his commitment, his attitude, his drug issues, his mental health, the whispers he may only come back for 2-3 years anyway etc. That is never going to be lost on teams and even after he retires hes probably still gonna hear about it. I think theres a good chance he will always have more value as a phin then to a team trading for him because of what has taken place. May have to get used to it bro whether we like it or not :wink:

claytonAndDuper said:
seems to me like the athletes among us are more likely to want to see him crash and burn, than those that maybe havent been exposed to the nuances of the game as thoroughly. the problems i have with ricky are as follows...1. the way he left the team right before camp leaving us without viable options..2 the reason he left the team, being overuse ( lack of heart on his part ) or mary jane ( dont need to go there ) and 3the reasons he would come back...only to pay off his debt to the team, he wants nothing to do with being a good teammate and winning, he has no heart no desire, why would we want someone on our team like that...
The only reason I can think of is because you are in love with Ricky.:wink:

oscar said:
ricky for making a mistake,forgive and forget . i know it's hard to do this but we have move on. be a TRUE fan and support the team with or without ricky.

Oh I forgive Ricky. For his sake, I wish he would get his life together. But I will NEVER forget.

I don't root against anyone who lines up for the Miami Dolphins.

Do I support it? No. Absolutely not. The move is potentially destructive on so many levels and I don't have time to name them all.

I welcomed Cecil Collins to the team. Jim Druckenmiller, Dimitrius Underwood, Clayton Holmes, Larry Shannon, Troy Drayton, Robert Baker, Kenny Mixon as well. Reclamation projects are fine with me, but this goes much deeper. Had Ricky Williams quit another team and landed on ours, fine. But he didn't. He quit MY team and it resulted in the worst start in franchise history. When fans demanded a simple explanation, he told us to stay out of his life. NOW he's trying to crawl back to earn more drug money? No thanks.

Ricky Williams cited his "overuse" as a major reason for quitting. The same guy who DEMANDED to be THE GUY of the offense as a 30-35 touch/game back suddenly DIDNT WANT THE BALL ANYMORE. Odd. OK, Ricky was pounded in 2002 and 2003 and Wanny understood that. To that end, he acquired a completely new offensive cast (David Boston, Marty Booker, Sammy Morris, Jeno James, A.J. Feeley, Vernon Carey) in an attempt to take the pressure off of Ricky Williams. Wanny's effort was certainly there to lessen Ricky's workload.. and didn't we feel pretty damn excited about our offense in mid-July? Ricky was asked "Who would you like to play for if you come back?" in late September. His response? "The Oakland Raiders." For Norv Turner. The same coordinator who ran him into the ground in Miami.

He's garbage and I sincerely hope this falls through.

we all hate ricky for what he did last year but when it comes down to it we all know how good he could be and the value he can have to this team. the big question isnt how the fans are reacting but how all his teammated will react to him

dolphan9954 said:
we all hate ricky for what he did last year but when it comes down to it we all know how good he could be and the value he can have to this team. the big question isnt how the fans are reacting but how all his teammated will react to him

Well, I respectfully disagree. If the veterans on this squad can forgive a player who quit 3 days before work began in a season where everyone's rear was on the line, well, I question the character of those very veterans.

I view Ricky's actions as unforgivable.

ROCHESTERPHISH said:
i want him to fail because he turned his back on his " team, family, freinds, fans, self"
very simple.
who ever doesnt understand that has never played any kind of meaningful team sports in thier lives!!!!
i am sick and tired of every one making excuses for this loser of a "man" this guy has and had all the ability in the world but he has already thrown it away!!!!
every one jumps back on this guys bandwagon like they dont remember what he did , everyone says if he comes back and plays hard or well , all is forgiven!!
i am for the aqua and orange doing well but if this losser is on the team then i might have some question????!!!!!!!!!!!

I SAY HELL NO
GET RID OF THIS CANCER ONCE AND FOR ALL
GARBAGE LIKE THIS CAN ONLY FESTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:sleep: :blah: :boring:

ROCHESTERPHISH said:
i want him to fail because he turned his back on his " team, family, freinds, fans, self"
very simple.
who ever doesnt understand that has never played any kind of meaningful team sports in thier lives!!!!
i am sick and tired of every one making excuses for this loser of a "man" this guy has and had all the ability in the world but he has already thrown it away!!!!
every one jumps back on this guys bandwagon like they dont remember what he did , everyone says if he comes back and plays hard or well , all is forgiven!!
i am for the aqua and orange doing well but if this losser is on the team then i might have some question????!!!!!!!!!!!

I SAY HELL NO
GET RID OF THIS CANCER ONCE AND FOR ALL
GARBAGE LIKE THIS CAN ONLY FESTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I remember what he did when he walked out on us before Training Camp and screwed us last year. I also remember what he did in 2002 when he rushed for 1853yds and 16 TD's. But that's just me...

I've said it before... I'm not a Ricky hater and I'm not a Ricky lover. The Miami Dolphins are my number 1 priority and I want whatever is best for this team. But that's just me...

dolphan9954 said:

ppl will forget once he gets his 1st 100yd+ of the season.

while i udnerstand some poeple for not trusting him but we should put our own personal feelings aside & root for him. we all know what he can do on the field. you don thave to like him but if he cant help the team then thats all that should matter.

I for one as a former Semi pro player would never want a player back on the team. As an olineman if my back quit on me before the season I would do most anything in my power to not let him back in the starting lineup or on the field. Quitters, I dont care what Zach or JT say, are never a good thing to let back on the team. It shows everyone alse on the team they can just quit and come back if they have any value. It would be dumb to allow this joke back, and it would never be had at the semipro level so I donbt know why the FL would allow it.

Back
Top Bottom