Why do some mocks have us taking a LB at 20? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why do some mocks have us taking a LB at 20?

Danny

Finheaven VIP
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I'd be shocked if we take a LB with our 1st pick so I was very surprised to see about 10 differebt mocks that has us taking one at number 20. I did see a lot of mocks that have a WR going to us and also a few where we'd take an o-lineman. A couple more has the fins taking a QB. I'm starting to get into the draft already even tho is still 4 months away and we still need free agency to deal with first. I think we should use our 1st 2 picks(probably 3)on offence. I know it'll all depend on what we do with free agents but I think we need an o-lineman with one of our first 2 picks.

Ozzy rules!!

The majority of the ones I have looked at have us taking a WR or an olineman.

For those sites that have us taking a LB with our 1st pick, I wouldn't visit their site anymore because they're run by incompetents.

Originally posted by SMadison29
The majority of the ones I have looked at have us taking a WR or an olineman.

For those sites that have us taking a LB with our 1st pick, I wouldn't visit their site anymore because they're run by incompetents.
Same thing I was thinking. Anyone that have us taking ANY player on defence at number 20 don't know what they're talking about. Then again we took Flrtcher in the first round. Oh please, lets not do something that stupid again.

Ozzy rules!!

No but Miami will be taking two defensive picks in the mid rounds the way I see it. Keep your eyes on guys like Tommy Kelly from Ole Miss and Darnell Dockett. Both could help add pressure on third downs and when we have the lead.

Originally posted by Jaj
No but Miami will be taking two defensive picks in the mid rounds the way I see it. Keep your eyes on guys like Tommy Kelly from Ole Miss and Darnell Dockett. Both could help add pressure on third downs and when we have the lead.

My problem with those two is that they're both light to play DT for us. Neither is over 290lbs, & if I remember correctly Dockett has character issues.

Ain't much of a problem really. They are very good for getting pressure when keeping a lead, while bigger guys like Bowens and Chester are good at the beginning of the game. Lewis I think is 300 though. Character issues eh, big deal, won't cost much of a pick.

Don't worry buddy all of those are mid rounds prospects and interesting ones I might add.

Originally posted by Jaj
Don't worry buddy all of those are mid rounds prospects and interesting ones I might add.

Not that I know anything about him....but did you see that QB they were talking about? Van Cleafe or somethingorother?

Anybody know anything about him, besides the fact that he's 1 year rusty?

A ridiculously raw guy. Maybe a sixth or seventh rounder at most. Project.

Is amazing how much we like the draft talk. Is really the best time of the year unless you win the superbowl. I think most of us agree that we need help at QB,WR and the o-line. But we all seem to have different opinions as to what position(or player at that position) we should go for 1st. Again, it'll depend on free agency and who's on the board when we pick.

Ozzy rules!!

Ya I do love the draft as you can tell. My interest is usually late picks though. It's always fun to find the steals.

Originally posted by Danny
Is amazing how much we like the draft talk. Is really the best time of the year unless you win the superbowl. I think most of us agree that we need help at QB,WR and the o-line. But we all seem to have different opinions as to what position(or player at that position) we should go for 1st. Again, it'll depend on free agency and who's on the board when we pick.

Ozzy rules!!

Pre draft talk is great. Post draft is usually the kicker. I hope the phins don't let me down again.......

Originally posted by Danny

Ozzy rules!!

This is my first year really following it...seems exciting enough so far. Helps to have alotta other DolFans to talk with on the subject. :)

I don't think Van Cleave will be drafted. He's just at Mobile trying to get his name out there to be picked up as an undrafted free agent. He's 6'5 248lbs so he has the size but his #s flat out sucked at ULL. He threw 6 picks in a game vs Texas A&M.

Back
Top Bottom