why do we even bother to be positive | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

why do we even bother to be positive

aquaman

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Ok finheaveners... I think we can all agree that last Sundays game was a playoff type match-up. We needed the win in order to have hopes of getting the afc east crown. We had 10 days to prepare for everything.. weather, put in new plays etc... again we folded under the pressure of a big time game. This team is not mentaly ready for a playoff game. it will just be another waste of time as far as I am concerned. I love the dolphins but history has to count for something and right now we just seem to be repeating it... heres to a higher draft position and an overhaul within the coaching staff. sorry about the negativity but its just how I feel right now.

In my opinion, another game is not a waste of time for me. And in my case, since I only see about half the Dolphins games each year, a play-off game means I certainly get to watch them. I will not give up on making the play-offs.

It's hard to be positive when you lose a game like that! If we can't beat the Pat's then we won't beat any of the other teams in the play-offs! I'm tired of this team being paper champs! There needs to be some major overhaul of this teams coaching staff! The one we have now can't get it done! With all the talent of this team there shouldn't be a question about getting in the play-offs every year! This team should be there and go deep every year with the Defense and running back we have! Look the Ravens do it why can't we!

Originally posted by 32yrfinfan
...because the Ravens had a pretty good OL.

Yea they did and still couldn't score an Offensive TD for the First 8 games of the season!

Guys anyway you want to look at it Football will be over soon. I'd rather watch the fins struggle than not watch football at all.

I'm with you aquaman....

Why bother???.....Dave is as good as gone, and the Phinz are not making the playoffs. We'd only be wasting a chance of gaining draft position, and for what???.....Just to watch our Phinz get pummled in the first round.

This season is done, and I'm not afraid to say it. It's time for big changes on both sides of the ball, and within the coaching staff. No team has done less with more over the last three seasons than Miami, and it's time to change that once and for all....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

:fire:

Why Bother??? because anything can happen and I want to be as good a swe can be no matter what. If given the choice between 2 wins or 3 i want 3. if given the choice between playoffs or no playoffs i want playoffs. No MATTER HOW FAR WE GO, AT LEAST WE GOT IN!!!!
And hey, you never know.....

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG
I'm with you aquaman....

Why bother???.....Dave is as good as gone, and the Phinz are not making the playoffs. We'd only be wasting a chance of gaining draft position, and for what???.....Just to watch our Phinz get pummled in the first round.

This season is done, and I'm not afraid to say it. It's time for big changes on both sides of the ball, and within the coaching staff. No team has done less with more over the last three seasons than Miami, and it's time to change that once and for all....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

:fire:

I'll tell you why to bother because we still have to play the Bills and Jets and no matter what a win against those teams will always put a smile on my face! It's bad enough to lose to the Pat's not once but twice! To lose to the Bills or Jets would just be a killer!

aquaman, you are right on.....i'm tired of having hope for a hopeless team...they suck it up whenever they need to perform like champions....the only thing that will happen if we make the playoffs is another dissappointing loss to whomever we play....we should save ourselves the embarassment and hope for a better pick in the draft....maybe this year we can be offensively minded when making selections....can't wait to see the new coaching staff also.....

PS - to all of the phin fans that are preaching anything can happen, NO TEAM IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL HAS WON THE SUPERBOWL AS A WILDCARD TEAM, AND WITH OUT A DOUBT ABOUT IT, THIS TEAM ISN'T SPECIAL ENOUGH TO BE THE FIRST....HERE'S TO A PRODUCTIVE OFFSEASON!!!!

GO FINS

Originally posted by aquaman
Ok finheaveners... I think we can all agree that last Sundays game was a playoff type match-up. We needed the win in order to have hopes of getting the afc east crown. We had 10 days to prepare for everything.. weather, put in new plays etc... again we folded under the pressure of a big time game. This team is not mentaly ready for a playoff game. it will just be another waste of time as far as I am concerned. I love the dolphins but history has to count for something and right now we just seem to be repeating it... heres to a higher draft position and an overhaul within the coaching staff. sorry about the negativity but its just how I feel right now.

NE folded as well.....their offense got 3 points on a fluky FG. We just made a couple stupid mistakes.....

Neither offense was a playoff caliber offense....both Ds were stunning...NE made one more play on D then we did....

I can't STAND talk of giving up the rest of the season"so we can get better draft positioning." That's just total B.S. As long as you're mathematically alive for the playoffs, you have a chance at the Super Bowl.

And you know what?

Even if we were eliminated from playoff contention NEXT WEEK, I would still expect the Fins to give their dead-level best toward beating the Bills and the Jets. These people are professionals. Professionals should strive to win each game no matter the circumstances.

Would I prefer to have my team give up its pride and dignity in the name of even 10 spots of favorable draft positioning? Hell no!

I don't normally get this wound up, but of all the lines of thinking that I sometimes question on this board, that one infuriates me the most.

Originally posted by Total-Revamping
NO TEAM IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL HAS WON THE SUPERBOWL AS A WILDCARD TEAM

2000 Baltimore Ravens
1980 Oakland Raiders

Originally posted by Total-Revamping
aquaman, you are right on.....i'm tired of having hope for a hopeless team...they suck it up whenever they need to perform like champions....the only thing that will happen if we make the playoffs is another dissappointing loss to whomever we play....we should save ourselves the embarassment and hope for a better pick in the draft....maybe this year we can be offensively minded when making selections....can't wait to see the new coaching staff also.....

PS - to all of the phin fans that are preaching anything can happen, NO TEAM IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL HAS WON THE SUPERBOWL AS A WILDCARD TEAM, AND WITH OUT A DOUBT ABOUT IT, THIS TEAM ISN'T SPECIAL ENOUGH TO BE THE FIRST....HERE'S TO A PRODUCTIVE OFFSEASON!!!!

GO FINS

Raiders, Broncos three times, Cowboys twice, Patriots, Bills twice, Ravens, Titans all made the super bowl as a wildcard.

Raiders, Broncos, Cowboys and Ravens won as a wildcard. (raiders and broncos were pure wild cards.)

Back
Top Bottom