Why do we want another #1 WR?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why do we want another #1 WR??

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
We already have our #1 in Chambers.. We dont need, nor could we ultimately afford a receiver like Fitz or Mike Williams. I want Chambers to be a Phin for life!

I think Rashaun Woods would be an excellent fit as well as Lee Evans.

Because we don't have a #1 receiver.
I love Chambers, but he's a prototype #2 receiver.
I would love to see him line up opposite a big receiver to compliment him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Take a look at the Ram run of the late 90s.. They had two guys who were more than capable #1 recievers and a dominating Runningback (Marshall Faulk).

The prospect of having that kind of offense is cause for salivation..

I didnt say we shouldnt draft a WR in the first round.. I said I see no point in trading up for Fitzgerald or Mike williams like some suggested.I think Chambers will be a legit number 1 this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
It has nothing to do about Chambers not a #1 or not.Simply about adding more talent to a mediocre WR corp.

Originally posted by SkapePhin
We already have our #1 in Chambers.. We dont need, nor could we ultimately afford a receiver like Fitz or Mike Williams. I want Chambers to be a Phin for life!
We want another WR so we can win i dont think that they think of themselves as #1 or 2 as long as we have two good recievers we can compete. Thats like saying why would you want two good linemen or LBs or CB or safties. It just wouldnt make sense. The more that are good the better

I understand what you're saying and I agree to an extent. Bringing in a rookie who is #1 worthy is an excellent idea, bringing in a ballhog #1 like TO is a terrible Idea, the chemistry would be horrible and our chances of resigning Chris would be very slim.

I could go into why signing T.O is a horrible Idea but I shouldn't have too, to me it plainly obvious.

Guys like D-Jack, and Northcutt are all this team needs, we're not the 2000 rams and we really don't need another #1 - unless they know their place.

We're a run first, run second, and a pass third offense.

We need another WR cause we got nothing opposite Chambers. With another solid WR teams can't focus on just Chambers alone which will make for some great matchups for Chambers getting deep.

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
We need another WR cause we got nothing opposite Chambers. With another solid WR teams can't focus on just Chambers alone which will make for some great matchups for Chambers getting deep.

That's why I like the idea of Rashaan Woods, Mike Clayton or D-Jack.

We do not need T.O

He won't be in Miami for the same reason Miami doesn't need him, simple as that.

Originally posted by LIQUID24
Because we don't have a #1 receiver.
I love Chambers, but he's a prototype #2 receiver.
I would love to see him line up opposite a big receiver to compliment him.

I think Chambers could be a # WR any day of the week. This guy is big like T.O fast as T.O. can catch just as good as T.O. younger than T.O. Shoot if he aint a # 1 WR lets get T.O. so we will have a #1 WR. Because if we do get a WR in the draft Chambers will be the # 1 WR. I'm just joking We could'nt afford T.O. anyway Chambers is the # 1 guy. We really don't know what CC can do we have'nt had a QB that has got the ball to him enough. I think he would be leading the league in every WR stat if Manning was throwing to him. You got to have a qb that can get the ball to him to find out what he is made of. The one game when Fiedler was doing well against the Cowboys CC was dynamite. I believe he could do that any game.

I didnt say we shouldnt draft a WR in the first round.. I said I see no point in trading up for Fitzgerald or Mike williams like some suggested.I think Chambers will be a legit number 1 this year.

I don't disagree with you on this point.. If Williams or Fitzgerald should happen to fall, I'd hope the FO is wise enough to jump on the opportunity to have another potentially game-changing Wideout..

If either are not available, I'd just as soon be happy to see the team grab a guy like Woods, Clayton, Jenkins or Evans (no particular order).

I WAS a fan of Reggie Williams until I read reports the guy turned in a horse**** interview.

There's no doubt that we need tp take a WR in the 1st round. We have a fine WR in CC and not much more. I think Tolver will make a good #3 and maybe Simmons will make a good #4 but we need another starter to go along with CC. We DON'T need to trade up for a WR cos at least 2 or 3 good ones will be on the board when we pick.

Ozzy rules!!
the ozzfest is coming..main stage, Ozzy, Judas Priest and Slayer, I'm there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom