Why does everyone think this team is a project? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why does everyone think this team is a project?

The only reason I wouldn't put us on a SB run is newness, everything is different for the team, they'll be in a the learning mode this year, toward the end of the year is when I expect them to play their best ball, our schedule don't allow us to take a game off, and if we'll not at the top of our game at game one, it will be another long season. Having a new O, new D, plus the issues in personnel, I don't think we start the seaon at the top of our game. By the time we get on board, we would have loss too many close games to make a push. Now do I hope I'm wrong, yea, but I do have last year's history to help back me up. New personnel to O, not handing the starting job to AJ from the get equal more time to develope and ajust to the new O. Gus is too old to be the solution, he may get us 1 to 2 years, but AJ must develope in this O quickly..and this open QB comp crap isn't the way to do it.

FinsDontGiveIn said:
I am usually sort of pessamistic when it come to the Fins but not this year. Has anyone noticed the player talent that has been assembled? Has anyone noticed the high pedegree coaching staff that is in place?(Thank's Wayne, you are truly my hero) We are a far better team than in 2004 and we went 10-6. I won't spell it out for you but think about the current roster and the depth we will have. Think about the team not having to rely on AJ to pull it out for us because nobody respects our running game. We have one of the best o-coordinaters in the game, not to mention some pretty damn good recievers. We will be three deep with good running backs. We have a lot of talent on defense that has been infused with youth and will be coached by one of the best defensive minds in the game. Like my hero wayne says "We will win now!" I honestly believe that this team has as much talent as anyone and will be legitimate SB contenders THIS SEASON!! Am I NUTS?
Good post! I BELIEVE :rawk:

my guess as to why everyone thinks we are a project is the wannyman/spielstedt regime did quite a bit of damage. so much so that it would take a miracle to turn it around in 1 season. while i believe saban and our staff are top notch professionals, they aren't miracle workers. i would be content this season to see progress from our young players and our overall system development, and to be hovering around .500 with a prayer to back into the playoffs around 8-8 , so guys like chambers and mcmike, as well as the rookies can get a taste of the postseason and have them back the following year ready to raise hell.

Back
Top Bottom