Why does everyone.............. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why does everyone..............

Killa_B

Practice Squad
Reaction score
want Mark Brunell. Jay is better. Brunell is a washed up never has been. i will be sick if we get brunell.

Sorry ... Ilike Fiedler, but given a choice between him and Brunell, I take Brunell. Better arm strength, QB rating and TD/INT ratio.

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84

How is it a diss to say someone is better than another player?

"Randy Moss is better than Steve Smith"

Am I dissing Smith? Nope. You guys get too sensitive when it comes to Fiedler.
it was the personal attack on the poster I cared about, not the reason behind it

Originally posted by dolphan39
it was the personal attack on the poster I cared about

From me or someone else?

All I will say is, there was a reason why Fiedler was a back-up to Brunell. Brunell may not be as good as he was in 1999 (when Fiedler was his back-up), but Fiedler is no better either. A stats comparison over the years gives a rather decisive victory to Brunell in most categories.

Originally posted by DolphinzD
All I will say is, there was a reason why Fiedler was a back-up to Brunell. Brunell may not be as good as he was in 1999 (when Fiedler was his back-up), but Fiedler is no better either. A stats comparison over the years gives a rather decisive victory to Brunell in most categories.

The only thing that Jay had done better at is winning and that credit I give to the supporting cast and even in that sense Brunell had been to a AFC championship game Fiedler has not.

Actually Brunell has been to two AFC Championship games...even though he didn't play that great. Maybe he's wiser now..we'll see..where ever he ends up.

Originally posted by FinaticPatch

The only thing that Jay had done better at is winning and that credit I give to the supporting cast and even in that sense Brunell had been to a AFC championship game Fiedler has not.

Yes, I agree with this 100%. Fiedler may have a better overall winning % than Brunell as a starter (I'm not sure, I don't have the figures at my disposal), but Brunell was also the quarterback for the Jaguars their expansion year, and has suffered through some other lean years when there were a lot of injuries on the team, and/or the team was getting ready to rebuild. Here are the play-off records of the two (I will give the year of the January that the games were played in):
Brunell
1997: 2-1 (AFC Championship Game)
1998: 0-1
1999: 1-1
2000: 1-1 (AFC Championship Game)
Overall: 4-4
Fiedler
2001: 1-1
2002: 0-1
Overall: 1-2
Brunell was the starter in Jacksonville for essentially 7 years, making the play-offs in 4 of them. The first year is hard to count simply because no expansion team has ever made the play-offs. Fiedler is 2 for 4. I guess I don't know how far to extend the analysis, but the fact of the matter is that the ONLY area where Fiedler has Brunell beaten is in regular season winning %. But how much does that really matter when the Dolphins never go anywhere once they get to the play-offs? Only once in 4 trips has Brunell not gotten at least 1 win, and twice got to the Championship Game. I think Brunell is the better QB.

give jay talent... everyone is talking about beefing up the line, and getting these awesome WR for Brunell, but no one is saying the same for Fiedler.

can anyone name offensive talent Fiedler has? the line has never been great, always good or poor. His WR have always been 1 dimensional. Cris is coming into his own, and Randy improved this year, but other then that he's got 2 players to throw to.

Look at the teams in the playoffs who have great talent on the offense.

Carolina- Good Line, Smith, Muhammad, Propel (SP?), Davis
Packers- Great line, Walker, Driver, Green, Franks
Rams- Great Line, Holt, Bruce, Faulk
Colts- to many to NAME!
Dallas- BEST Trio of WR
Patriots- Brown, Branch, Givens, Faulk (out of the backfield).

Fiedler has Ricky, but a ****ty line. so they cancel each other out.
Fiedler has 1 good TE, and 1 good WR but a bad line to block (not to mention injury because of the line).

Give Fiedler WEAPONS!

would you want Brunell if he had the same 2003 team? no... it's not fair to Jay.

Back
Top Bottom