why does shockey prove such a mismatch | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

why does shockey prove such a mismatch

finman006

4th qtr. clutch
Reaction score
is shockey more impressive than gonzalez is he more of a threat to us than gonzalez was last year. who would be coverin shockey and how does our TE match up against them? all questions id like to know...

Originally posted by finman006
is shockey more impressive than gonzalez is he more of a threat to us than gonzalez was last year. who would be coverin shockey and how does our TE match up against them? all questions id like to know...

I think Knight will play a roll in how well Shockey plays this weekend. Much like if Knight was here last year, I some how doubt Gonzalez rolls over our secondary the way he did in that game.

I think Knight is going to hit Shockey so hard he's going to swallow his own lips.

Oliver...

Obviously Greenwood will line up opposite him. But I too think Knight will see lots of Shockey. Would love to see him lay a lick on Shock.

Lots of speed outside for the Giants. Toomer and Hilliard are big and can get downfield. Sam and Pat have got to be ready. And Marion must be on top of his game.

Tiki Barber will also be an important matchup for Zach and Seau. But I honestly think we'll be ok against Barber. The key, as it is for every team in every game, is winning at the LOS. I have no doubt we can win up front against the run. But we've got to get that pressure on Collins. This would be a great time for JT to start racking up the sacks. We field a solid pass rush on Sunday, I think we'll see another dominant defensive effort from the Phins.

Tony G. got in the endzone today but he hasn't been the guy he used to be. Weather it is an offense with so many different weapons, a nagging injury, people covering him more, maybe he lost a step. I am not quite sure the jury is still out on that. More as much as detest Shockey, the guy is a gamer and you have to account for him. I think if you get someone really physical to get it in face and stay with him he won't burn you but he is big and physical and they seem to be trying to get him in the end zone more.

Shockey sets the pace for the entire team. If we shut him down and cover the speedy receivers, we should come out on top. We have to pressure Collins also. He make bad decisions when he doesn't have time. (Like most QB's)

Back
Top Bottom