Why does Tannehill only have 6 td's? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why does Tannehill only have 6 td's?

He has thrown for a decent amount of yards, and has started all of our games, but only has 6 touchdowns. I wonder why that is? Receivers? For contrast Chad Henne has only 1 less touchdown as a backup. Hopefully we can see a few more touchdowns for tannehill and see some strides!
Maybe he is just not that good?

The Miami recievers in my opinion are catch and drop or Catch and step out of bounds. They has NO seperation. Very few times do they really follow the catch with a run. The one enigma game Hartline had against Arizona is the only time I see a reciever run.

He has thrown for a decent amount of yards, and has started all of our games, but only has 6 touchdowns. I wonder why that is? Receivers? For contrast Chad Henne has only 1 less touchdown as a backup. Hopefully we can see a few more touchdowns for tannehill and see some strides!

I completely understand your position of being cautiously pessimistic but that last statement is ridiculous! I reeks of agenda and totally washes away the objectivity of your post. If that is decent talent, then the other guys had extraordinary talent around them. It's too bad because otherwise it was a well researched, insightful post.
Your criticism against that being a decent trio of receivers at the collegiate level is based on?

I love this urban legend that continues to go around that our receivers are these sloths who are being blanketed on every single play of every single game.

Simple answer we have no play makers at wide receiver,our wide receivers are not good
3 receiving touchdowns between all our wide receivers in 10 games is ABSURD

Hartline and Bess are nothing more than a #3 and #4 wide receivers

Everyone is in love with Hartline but do you realize he has 3 tds in the past 168 quarters of football

Tanny has NO weapons at wide receiver and this falls on Ireland for handcuffing his rookie QB

I totally agree that he has no playmakers and tbh I don't recall him missing many opportunities in the red zone this year. But the figure is still startlingly low, is it play calling, is it lack of WR ability, is it a QB not making the right decisions/executing correctly or is it a combination of all three ? I think it's the latter, we can't absolve Tanny of all the blame here, but at the same time it's not been all his fault either.

Your criticism against that being a decent trio of receivers at the collegiate level is based on?

Based on the fact that they were not very good.

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

Simple answer we have no play makers at wide receiver,our wide receivers are not good
3 receiving touchdowns between all our wide receivers in 10 games is ABSURD

Hartline and Bess are nothing more than a #3 and #4 wide receivers

Everyone is in love with Hartline but do you realize he has 3 tds in the past 168 quarters of football

Tanny has NO weapons at wide receiver and this falls on Ireland for handcuffing his rookie QB

I dont know what is so hard to understand about this simple true statement.

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

I love this urban legend that continues to go around that our receivers are these sloths who are being blanketed on every single play of every single game.

We have ONE deep "threat. ONE good slot receiver. How many touchdowns have these players we have scored in their entire careers? Who is the red zone threat?

Back
Top Bottom