why doesn't fiedler do that more? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

why doesn't fiedler do that more?

In the past...

Originally posted by dolfan06
runs for 15 yards!

... that's been Fiedler's weakness. Not knowing when to run for it or throw it away rather than trying to force a ball into a 1 inch area of space. I hope he gets that out of his system!

Oliver...

Re: In the past...

Originally posted by Oliver

... that's been Fiedler's weakness. Not knowing when to run for it or throw it away rather than trying to force a ball into a 1 inch area of space. I hope he gets that out of his system!

Oliver...
sometimes i think he's been watching too many marino game clips!:rolleyes:

Re: In the past...

Originally posted by Oliver

Oliver...

thats it right there oliver...........he doesnt know when to just throw the damn thing away! i dont have any qualms about him not being able to tuck it and run when he has to. he had a great first down tonight. But i will say this, i think the guy is just trying to make something happen and he doesnt care what anyone thinks cus its just preseason!

he will learn soon that he will just let the game come to him. Norv will teach that to him naturally. why? cus he will scrammble the defense with screens,draws, flats, TE's over the middle, long balls, chambers on the short route, and whatever else i dont have a clue about! :p

He doesn't do it more because it's a little different having the Texans d-line in your face than it is John Abraham and Shaun Ellis. Who really knows, all I know is he keeps looking better and better, and that's what everyone around here likes to see.

Maybe they could throw some quarterback draws and bootlegs in the playbook.

Running quarterbacks tend to have a short NFL career with a few exceptions. I'd like to keepm Fiedler healthy, he isn't the most durable QB on the roster.

shoot i dont plan on having him back after the 2004 season so lets get all his miles before we release him!

he's more durable than most QB's

Originally posted by PhinKev
Running quarterbacks tend to have a short NFL career with a few exceptions. I'd like to keepm Fiedler healthy, he isn't the most durable QB on the roster.
on any roster!

Originally posted by Miamian
Maybe they could throw some quarterback draws and bootlegs in the playbook.

Not a bad idea, as the exception rather than the norm... we don't want him hurt, but the occasional bootleg would take the D by surprise!

Back
Top Bottom