Why don't we | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why don't we

hunter5nc1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
have a 2nd round pick this year and how accurate are those mock drafts?:confused:

We traded a 2nd this year for a 3rd round pick last year that was used to select Wade Smith.

Man how sad is that. Without the Wade Smith pick that entire draft would be a complete bust.

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
We traded a 2nd this year for a 3rd round pick last year that was used to select Wade Smith.

Man how sad is that. Without the Wade Smith pick that entire draft would be a complete bust.

Thank-you How accurate are those mock drafts when it is still this early?

They are still off. The mock drafts don't start really shaping up until late March.

Well, Donald Lee looks like he could be very good in a few years.

There is no way around the fact that one-half of everything Ricky is to this team has to be credited to that draft class. That said, Van, I agree with you on the weak overall quality.:(

We may still get some benefit out of Moore and Jenkins.

I'd say that's a very unfair assessment at this point considering we really have no idea who is and is not going to pan out. Eddie More, Taylor Whitley, JR Tolver, and Corey Jenkins could all still turn out to be total studs; you just never know.

For this past season, our draft was a bust.

But in the long term, we have some players that could become very good.

Donald Lee already is a solid #2 TE. He could become a good starting TE soon.

Wade Smith is our Lt of the future. He is going to be very good.

The jury is still out on Eddie Moore because he hasn't played but he as well could and should be our LB of the future.

There's no discussion that our draft picks did almost nothing for us this season, but in the long run they still have the chance of becoming impact playes.

Right,
Look at this class in 2 yrs to see if it was a bust. Wade smith is by all accounts going to be a hell of a LT. everyone here wants to see Tolver after his Pre-seaon showing, Moore is the lynch pin iof he's not starting in 2 yrs he's a bust as will Whitley. I'm starting to think wanny said draft that guard from Texas A&M, and they got the wrong one. yates has been better so far. D. Lee looks like a keeper and we only held 2 roster spots for TE's this year, 3 when our Long Snappper returns.

The Dolphins also don't have a 5th round pick.

I agree, we've made some awful picks in the past and had our share of busts and disappointments like most nfl teams. ex: jamar fletcher... but we also always seem to find guys in later rounds that can play, neither jason taylor(3rd round), nor zach(5th) were in the first two rounds, ogunleye went undrafted, mcmichael in the 4th, lee in the 5th... I'll hold out to judge this class for a couple years. i agree wade smith can be something special (22 years old and already a season under his belt, used to be a TE so still learning, smart guy with talent and oh so young. hopefully a mainstay for a while). I didn't like trading up to get eddie moore, but i dont think we will be disappointed with him as a player when he gets on the field (although lis franc is tough to recover from sometimes). i'd like to see what tolver can do, and jenkins is a little old to progress a lot, but the guy works his *** off and is a good special teamer and backup LB if nothing else. No good news about WHitley yet, hopefully he improves.

Back
Top Bottom