Why draft a DB at 16?.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why draft a DB at 16?....

Danny

Finheaven VIP
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
We've always done a good job of getting good DB's after the 1st round.Players like Sam,Pat,Bell,Poole,Daniels all came in the 2nd round or lower.We've also goteen some good players in free agency over the years like Marion and now Lance and Tillman.
I think if Cutler's gone then at 16 we should go LT or LB...maybe d-lineman...that's where the value will be.LB's that could be there incluse Greenway,Carpenter and Ryan.Lawson should also be there tho he could be there in the 2nd round and he's a bit of a tweener but that could be ok for us.There should be at least 2 or 3 good LT's on the board at 16......we've been looking for a top LT in a long time and this is the year to do it.LT's are harder to fo find in the later rounds than DB's and we should not let this chance go by without taking one.D-lineman is not a big priority imo but if a real good one drops for some reason then Nick could pull the trigger.Anyway,my point is that we should try to keep on building the team with value picks.I like Huff and Bing and Landry but not at the expense on passing on a top LT or good pass rushing OLB like Greenway or Carpenter.Of course if Cutler's there then I'd do it but I think he'll be gone.

Ozzy rules!! :rockon: :guitar:

Danny said:
We've always done a good job of getting good DB's after the 1st round.Players like Sam,Pat,Bell,Poole,Daniels all came in the 2nd round or lower.We've also goteen some good players in free agency over the years like Marion and now Lance and Tillman.
I think if Cutler's gone then at 16 we should go LT or LB...maybe d-lineman...that's where the value will be.LB's that could be there incluse Greenway,Carpenter and Ryan.Lawson should also be there tho he could be there in the 2nd round and he's a bit of a tweener but that could be ok for us.There should be at least 2 or 3 good LT's on the board at 16......we've been looking for a top LT in a long time and this is the year to do it.LT's are harder to fo find in the later rounds than DB's and we should not let this chance go by without taking one.D-lineman is not a big priority imo but if a real good one drops for some reason then Nick could pull the trigger.Anyway,my point is that we should try to keep on building the team with value picks.I like Huff and Bing and Landry but not at the expense on passing on a top LT or good pass rushing OLB like Greenway or Carpenter.Of course if Cutler's there then I'd do it but I think he'll be gone.

Ozzy rules!! :rockon: :guitar:

Hell, I'll take one of the FAU DB's in the seventh. I see your point though. Good post.

yeah, people seem to forget how the last time we picked DB on the first round turned out. unless it's an Ed Reed-Sean Taylor like player, i'd much rather trade up for Cutler/Young

so you guys base everything on our history? im not following this thread at all.

Is not about the history...is about value and the fact that LT's are very hard to find in the later round and DB's are easier to get later on.Most of the top LT's in the NFL were taken in the 1st or 2nd round.This is a good year for LT's and we should get one.We've been looking for a top LT just as long as we've been looking for a top QB.

Ozzy rules!!

Danny said:
Is not about the history...is about value and the fact that LT's are very hard to find in the later round and DB's are easier to get later on.Most of the top LT's in the NFL were taken in the 1st or 2nd round.This is a good year for LT's and we should get one.We've been looking for a top LT just as long as we've been looking for a top QB.

Ozzy rules!!

most OLineman arent 1st rounders. name the 1st round LTs.

SECfootball said:
D'Brick, Winston Justice, Eric Winston, Marcus McNeil.

I'd be happy with Winston Justice.

Justice plays RT.

and i was actually talking about 1st round LTs that are starting in football right now.

Nappy Roots said:
Justice plays RT.

and i was actually talking about 1st round LTs that are starting in football right now.

One of them is our own Vernon Carey (he was switched to RT because it turned our Stockar was getting owned on the right side). Don't know the others though.

Nappy Roots said:
Justice plays RT.

are you saying you want a DB at 16? and if so, who do you want there? and I'm too tired to start looking around for every LT that was drafted in the 1st or 2nd round.

Ozzy rules!!

Danny said:
are you saying you want a DB at 16? and if so, who do you want there? and I'm too tired to start looking around for every LT that was drafted in the 1st or 2nd round.

Ozzy rules!!

im saying i want BPA at 16. whether Cutler, williams, greenway, ryans, or huff drops to us. if Huff, Williams is there @ 16, absolutly i draft a DB.

Nappy Roots said:
if Huff, Williams is there @ 16, absolutly i draft a DB.

I like this. But only if Cutler is gone. If Cutler, Huff and Williams are gone, then I would go for a top LB like Greenway.

As far as LT, I would not spend a first round pick on it. There has to be some good developmental LT's available in the later rounds. There is usually only one or two "standouts" in the draft on the O-line each year. They usually go in the top 10. After that, the talent is more even at all the O-line positions. With someone like Houck coaching, I think Miami could get a guy with the talent that just needs to work on his skills.

we need huff if he is there at 16 how many 1st rd o-lineman really work out..if not get best available lb....

I would love Williams or Huff... but IMO they will both be gone by the time we pick. The Packers, Raiders, 49ers, Bills, Lions, Rams, and Browns are in need of defense.

Back
Top Bottom