Why draft a DB at 16?.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why draft a DB at 16?....

my top 3 choices right now are Jay Cutler,Mike Huff, and Ko Simpson. If we get any of those guys at 16 I'm happy.

One of them is our own Vernon Carey (he was switched to RT because it turned our Stockar was getting owned on the right side). Don't know the others though.

he might have played/practiced at LT during the summer, but he never played LT at the U. He was always a guard.

most OLineman arent 1st rounders. name the 1st round LTs.
Jon Ogden,Orlando Pace,Walter Jones,Tarik Glenn.

Don't forget that Louis Oliver (S - 1989) and Troy Vincent (CB - 1992) were first-round picks. Those guys played awfully well for us.

I think I should make clear that I won't cry if we take Huff as I think he's a good player...I guess I'm just tired of waiting for a top LT and I want us to get one that's gonna be there for the next 10 years.At first I was thinking defence and I'd like a LB there if Cutler's gone but a top LT makes sense too.

Ozzy rules!!

I see your point Danny. I am not against taking the "next great LT" either. However, I think if someone like a HUFF or Cutler is there that would be difficult to pass up also. I think this organizations' opinion is you can train or teach an olineman, but need to draft the skill positions.

I would not be upset with a great LT either. I have a very high confidence in Saban. His draft last year, really made me a believer in his drafting ability.

Nappy Roots said:
im saying i want BPA at 16. whether Cutler, williams, greenway, ryans, or huff drops to us. if Huff, Williams is there @ 16, absolutly i draft a DB.

I have to agree with you Nappy because there is no way im passing on Huff or Williams if one of them are there when we pick

I'm quite happy we are picking at 16, lots of quality talent in the middle of the first round and there is no pressure of picking the right guy at the top. As for not picking a safety, look at all the teams in the playoffs this year. They all have fantastic safety play. Each team has a guy making plays back there and we could really use the help there. I think we need to take the best player. There is going to be lots of options and I think lots of people unhappy with our pick in the draft cuase we didn't take_______. I want a player who changes the game in our favour, creates a mismatch for us. We seemt o get killed every year on mismatches, we need to create them in our favour.

Back
Top Bottom