Why getting an ugly win is still a GREAT THING FOR US! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why getting an ugly win is still a GREAT THING FOR US!

Atila

Atila.com
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
First of all, after being pretty annoyed and disgusted with the team throughout the game and even a little after, I settled down.

We won an ugly game and basically had A LOT of beneficial calls from officials and sheer poor play by the Jets. We didn't play well - we had no business winning that game... but we did anyways. However, in the NFL it's all about timing - if we end up winning 4 of our last 5, we're probably playing some good football and we will be streaking at the right time.

No one thought either of those Giants teams were good enough to pull either of those Superbowls out, but we just need to be clicking on all cyclinders by week 15, 16, 17 and 18. Then you never know.

So while I'm not sold on this team anymore tonight than after the Broncos game, all it takes is a solid win against a good Ravens team and then everyone will have forgotten about our poor-play-but-still-win performance against the Jets and think we are peaking at the right time.

So don't get too caught up in how we won tonight, just be happy we did.

I agree, timing is everything. Simply swap Tannehill's performances from the Chiefs and Raiders games and we're likely 2-0 in those games instead of 1-1. Thats huge in a 16 game format. When you have an up and down QB you need a little luck on your side.

And this could be a confidence booster for the next time we need to grit out a win. The defense really stepped it up and the offense, while shaky, got it done.

Back
Top Bottom