Why Griese' Injury is Hurting Us? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Griese' Injury is Hurting Us?

DolphinVJ

Active Roster
Reaction score
Why Griese' Injury is Hurting Us/Are we happy with the Aggressiveness we are showing?

No, this is not about Griese Vs Fiedler; we have done enough of those. In fact, we have done Griese Vs Sage based on preseason as well.

I think if Griese was healthy Jay would be on edge knowing that he may have a short leash. But now he has no threat; he is the boss good or bad. As bad as the team played we still could have won the game if Fiedler did not throw the Interception around our 30-yard line which led to Houston's winning FG. Why is Norv Turner calling such types of passes which are hard to execute even for the best of QBs let alone a mediocre one like Fiedler? Does Norv desire to replace Wannesdt right away?

The last few months we have been wanting the Dolphins to be aggressive. Not running the clock out (Ricky Williams) but passing on that play and going for 2-pt instead of 1-pt qualifies as that. Are we now happy?

Lastly don't blame Wanny entirely for the loss; he wasn't running his mouth about this being a "practice" game. The players had the wrong attitude. Like many of our fans on this board, Dolphin players do a lot of talking but cannot back it up. May be this is the wake up call we all needed. We can still right the ship. But it is time to shut up and do your job.

Last edited by a moderator:
True... That's all I heard all off season. Be more agressive. Put teams away. Don't just sit on a lead. Change the defensive philosophy. Well, they did. Back to the drawing board.

I still want to know why Ricky only ran the ball 17 times qhen he had a 4.1 yard per carry average, especially when we had the lead at different points in the game. Obviously lesson NOT learned from last years against New England.

Originally posted by chambers84
I still want to know why Ricky only ran the ball 17 times qhen he had a 4.1 yard per carry average, especially when we had the lead at different points in the game. Obviously lesson NOT learned from last years against New England.

Because they were trying to get the extra DB out of the box. It worked when they spread the ball around in the 2nd & 3rd quarter but after the bogus holding penalty on McMichael, Turner went back in the play calling cocoon. They did get the TD on the screen pass, but never went back to it.

Originally posted by chambers84

That's very misleading. Two rushes for 16 yards apiece. That means that 15 rushes had a average of what, just over 2 yds.

Back
Top Bottom