Why have the Fins not won a championship in 30 years? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why have the Fins not won a championship in 30 years?

Why haven't he Fins won during the time the Fish have won 2

• Lack of talent

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Lack of testicular fortitude

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Bad coaching

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Bad timing

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Combination of factors

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • The Dirt Infield did it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

StartingTailbak

Longer than average
Reaction score
As I watch the Marlins prepare for their second victory parade in 7 years it brings a tear to my eye. Not so much because they won as because the Dolphins have subjected me to futility for all these years. Every pass Dan threw was magical. Every loss to the Bills in the postseason, followed by their ignominious trip to the SB was infuriating. Watching the Bolts embarrass themselves against the Niners was doubly hurtful knowing that we would have fared better. Natrone-freaking-Means:rolleyes:

Why have the Fins not won a championship in 30 years? Is it lack of talent, bad timing, bad coaching, NO BALLS, combination of factors?

Fiedler been here for 30 years? WOW!

Write-In vote:

Tom Olivadotti. Even fans of other teams know how colossally bad this guy was.

they lost two title games at home, the great ones don't do that

Originally posted by zachseau13

Fiedler-hugger!!!!

:)

LOL, I know you're joking.. but please don't call me that again. It makes me shake. I never liked the guy. But he's a part of the team, so what the hell. :tongue:

Miami has been a victim of their own success, Never bad enough to get high draft pics but, but never good enough to win it all.

You also have to take in consideration the salary cap and free agency have changed the game.

Originally posted by HofCityFan
Miami has been a victim of their own success, Never bad enough to get high draft pics but, but never good enough to win it all.

You also have to take in consideration the salary cap and free agency have changed the game.

I would be loathe to blame it on our success and draft picks. After all, an MVP and SB winning QB was playing arena ball, as was OG. The draft and scouting of talent is admittedly lacking but I dont see how our 'success' factors into failing to pick up good talent.

The Marlins' payroll is 9mil less than that of the Fins. Plus, there is no salary cap in baseball and salaries are even more bloated at almost 2x the NFL average. So the answer doesn't lie there either.

How can it NOT be a combination of factors over a thirty year period? And the combination of factors would be all the other choices.

Because Shula never drafted a good player on purpose, and he let his drinking buddies have the DC job. I'd still take Shula back as coach in a second but thats cus we have Rick Spielman now.

Originally posted by inFINSible
How can it NOT be a combination of factors over a thirty year period? And the combination of factors would be all the other choices.

Well... Boston fans blame 'The Curse'. But seriously, usually when a team wins but can't seem to secure a championship, there is a singular underlying cause. In the BoSox case it has usually been the bullpen. Yes, for 100 years. This year they managed themselves out of a championship.

The Fins have suffered from bad coaching. Yes, we all love Coach Shula. But his supporting cast over the years were at times less than stellar. And toward the end of his tenure he just didnt have it any more. Jimmy, well lets not talk about that. DW has yet to prove that he can take us all the way.

Back
Top Bottom